CCleaner cleaning opera

ive recently been seraching for some missing files useing recuva an have noticed alot of my opera images from c/docs an setting/userdata/application data / opera profile /cache4 hasnt actually been securely deleted im only useing a simple one pass overwrite im just a bit puzzled i thought CCleaner would have got rid of them :blink:

this is on xp wtih opera 9.27 an CCleaner 2.08 ive even tried manualy adding this folder in my custom clean it still doesnt do it

has anyone else noticed this

ive recently been seraching for some missing files useing recuva an have noticed alot of my opera images from c/docs an setting/userdata/application data / opera profile /cache4 hasnt actually been securely deleted im only useing a simple one pass overwrite im just a bit puzzled i thought CCleaner would have got rid of them :blink:

this is on xp wtih opera 9.27 an CCleaner 2.08 ive even tried manualy adding this folder in my custom clean it still doesnt do it

has anyone else noticed this

Hello daydotz,

Remember that CCleaner only overwrites what it deletes.If those pictures were deleted by Opera itself then CCleaner doesn't even know that they existed.

Even using the Include feature CCleaner has know way of deleting and overwriting what is already deleted.

Check your Opera options and see if you have set an option to delete these files on exit or something to that effect.

The same thing happens in IE.I am not sure if maybe Opera looks at that option or not.(See snap-shot)

t1062_20080604002053.png

This option must be uncheked or CCleaner will never know those files or pictures existed.

If CCleaner is missing this file then,turn on the option at Cleaner > Advanced options list Custom Files and Folders on the Windows tab.This will put your Include entries into effect.

The only way to now "overwrite" those old deleted files and pics is with Recuva.

Good luck,

:) davey

P.S. REMEMBER CCleaner,Defraggler and Recuva are serious tasks.No other tasks should be running when you use them.Browsers must be CLOSED.

Edited by davey

cheers i aways close everything before i use CCleaner ive checked all what youve said about empty on exit but its still not completey overwriteing my opera cache :unsure:

So what you are saying is that c/docs an setting/userdata/application data / opera profile /cache4 is being deleted by CCleaner but not completely overwritten.Most are being overwritten,Correct?

You will find that some files can not be overwritten while in the MFT.

We will have to leave it to the programming team to determine if there is an actual "bug".

Thanks for your report,

ccleanerie7.th.jpg

maybe this will help these files were all in my operas cache after a simple overwrite nothings gone :o all is recoverable

ive retested this with version 1.44 which does actually overwrite the cache complety

ccleanerie7.th.jpg

maybe this will help these files were all in my operas cache after a simple overwrite nothings gone :o all is recoverable

ive retested this with version 1.44 which does actually overwrite the cache complety

Thanks for retesting.You are a good member to have reporting and following up on such problems.

This will be valuable to the "bug removers".