Windows Automated Update Issues after using CCleaner

Installed CCl and ran clean up incl. registry. After a while I have checke my Windows Updates and noted that I can not connect to Windows Updated website anymore and get an error message.

I followed some procedures recommended on the Microsoft Support site - no success.

Then I installed WXP SP3, our IT guy recommended it, but it does not work. I told him about CCl and he said this may have caused a change to the registry or other issues which does not allow Windows Update to run properly. Any help here?

Installed CCl and ran clean up incl. registry. After a while I have checke my Windows Updates and noted that I can not connect to Windows Updated website anymore and get an error message.

I followed some procedures recommended on the Microsoft Support site - no success.

Then I installed WXP SP3, our IT guy recommended it, but it does not work. I told him about CCl and he said this may have caused a change to the registry or other issues which does not allow Windows Update to run properly. Any help here?

Hello Thom,

Welcome to the forum!!!

CCleaner does not affect the Windows Update or Windows Update Automatic Updates.

However using the Register cleaning function can cause problems, due to many timing issues involved with many other software processes that may be going on at the same time.

Windows Update (WU) and Windows Update Automatic Update (WUAU) suffers from many of these situations.

I have found that using Dial-a-Fix resolves many of these problems.I used it last month as a matter of fact.You don't have to be a "techie" to use it.

It uses all MS fixes and such related to the problems you may be having.

It is a very handy utility to have.

I recommend that you download it and have it on hand for many problems.

Many forum members use it.

I recommend that you select The section to repair WU/WUAU and press the Go button to fix your problem.

Come back here and let us know how things went for you.

http://wiki.djlizard.net/Dial-a-fix Dial-a-fix to fix many XP problems Bookmark and save to Favorites.

Good luck,

:) davey

Dial-a-Fix B)

It is a good application to run to insure the correct Services are active for Windows Update.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user