System Volume Information

Torres

When I defrag my main drive (the one with my OS on in this case Windows Vista SP1 Home Premium). The status at the end always says "Defrag Failed", I have located the problem to be with any fragments in the System Volume Information folder.

Can you please, get Defraggler to remove fragments from this folder successfully or at least hide any fragments from that folder so that the Status does not always come up with "Defrag Failed".

I found this error when using version 1.01.073 but I did noticed it in earlier version as well.

Ps Great Program but I guess everybody know that by now. Keep up the good work!

defraggler.exe._1_1_73__2008_05_16_10_36_.1.txt

defraggler.exe._1_1_73__2008_05_16_10_36_.1.txt

So I can feel like I'm contributing in some small way, I'll add another that won't defrag/causes defrag to fail :::

C:\Windows\System32\wbem\Logs\WMITracing.log

C:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\Scm\SCM.EVM

and

like the other two individuals, nothing from C:\System Volume Information is defragging/causes the degrag to fail.

Anyone have any idea why it's doing this? When I get on next, I'll post the Defraggler debug log in here so someone might get a better idea.

Oh, and I'm running Vista 32bit SP1, although I'm not sure which version, but upgraded from home. Or something ^_^

Be well, and hope this helps.

Defraggler.exe._1_1_73__2008_05_16_06_20_.txt

Defraggler.exe._1_1_73__2008_05_16_06_20_.txt

Fantasy is the celebration of what we no longer are: individuals certain of our meaningfulness in a meaningful world. The wish-fulfillment that distinguishes fantasy from other genres is not to be the all-conquering hero, but to live in a meaningful world. The fact that such worlds are enchanted worlds, worlds steeped in magic, simply demonstrates the severity of our contemporary crisis.
Scott R. Bakker, Why Fantasy and Why Now?

RPG Codex - Putting the 'Role' back in RPG.

The Age of Decadence - A game everyone should look forward to.

^^^

Log added in. Tested each one seperately.

Fantasy is the celebration of what we no longer are: individuals certain of our meaningfulness in a meaningful world. The wish-fulfillment that distinguishes fantasy from other genres is not to be the all-conquering hero, but to live in a meaningful world. The fact that such worlds are enchanted worlds, worlds steeped in magic, simply demonstrates the severity of our contemporary crisis.
Scott R. Bakker, Why Fantasy and Why Now?

RPG Codex - Putting the 'Role' back in RPG.

The Age of Decadence - A game everyone should look forward to.

Guest MrRon

Are you defagging the drive by right clicking in the drive list and selecting 'Defrag Drive', or by selecting the files from the drive list?

:)

MrRon

Here is what I did when doing the debug test.

1. Click Analyze

2. Select all via check box

3. Defrag Button on right hand side.

Ps I think this happens if I just click "Defrag Drive" via the menu.

v1.01.068

By selecting files in the list, when a file was non-writable, because used by Windows, Defraggler skipped it, also by clicking on Defrag Drive.

v1.01.073

Now, by selecting files in the list, instead of skipping the file, the software stops ( 'Defrag Failed' ) and not defrag the other files selected.

But by clicking on Defrag Drive, it's skipping normaly.

( sorry if my English isn't perfect, i'm French )

I'm having the same issue with it simply stopping when I try to defrag specific files. Oddly enough the problem only exists on my Vista SP1 laptop whereas my XP SP3 desktop doesn't have any issues with the latest version of Defraggler. I simply reinstalled the previous version on my laptop, as all I use Defraggler for on that is to defrag what fragmented files it finds (as anything more may bring back the temp file problem I had been having before).