Bunch of free Ashampoo titles

BrownSugar

This blog claims that there are currently 26 Ashampoo software titles that have free license keys offered by Ashampoo.

Has anyone tried the Ashampoo Magic Unintaller?

http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/2008/0...h-500-for-free/

Some of these are from the coverdisc promos (we've not even covermounted WinOptimizer 4 yet!) and I notice one was from our server, from a previous Office 2006 disc promo. The author of that blog has gone through various disc promos and then put the info online. Ahem.

Actually I might ask Ashampoo if we can put that one up as a legit vnunet.com promo soon.

Chris/vnunet.com

Well, if you guys think Burning Studio is that good, I think I'll give it a try. I have Sonic RecodNow! because it came with my PC when I bought it last year. So should I get Burning Studio and dump RecordNow!?

i had sonic record on another computer, and it was ok, but to be honest, once i tried ashampoos burning studio i havent found another burning program that i have liked as much. its very easy to use, and i havent made any coasters from badly burned cds. :)

Ok, I've decided to install Ashampoo Burning Studio. I'll be back in a few minutes.

Just remember to get it only from the authors site or linked alternative site. :) davey

• Moderators

Cleared Sonic off my pc a while ago. Not that it wasn't any good, it just wasn't good enough to justify the flaming HD space it took up.

Ashampoo 2008 is no doubt an excellent burning application, but I think Ashampoo Burning Studio 6 (6.61 to be exact), is a more up-to-date application than Burning Studio 2008.

I installed the 2008 version this morning alongside the V6.61 and IMHO, the latter is the better and more recent version of the two, and is of course, also free.

Ashampoo Burning Studio 6.61: (Free)

I installed the 2008 version this morning alongside the V6.61 and IMHO, the latter is the better and more recent version of the two, and is of course, also free.

Ashampoo Burning Studio 6.61: (Free)

Do you (and others who've posted here about it) think this version of Ashampoo is better than earlier (and less bloated) versions of Nero or the free combination of Imgburn and Burrrn?

By the way, that Ashampoo.com home webpage is one of the slowest loading sites I've ever seen. Between the flash files ad, and the slow moving menu, you can miss a meal trying to read about two titles!

• Moderators
Do you (and others who've posted here about it) think this version of Ashampoo is better than earlier (and less bloated) versions of Nero or the free combination of Imgburn and Burrrn?

By the way, that Ashampoo.com home webpage is one of the slowest loading sites I've ever seen. Between the flash files ad, and the slow moving menu, you can miss a meal trying to read about two titles!

Have never used Nero, but on different download sites for Ashampoo, a lot of the user reviews proclaim a definite improvement over Nero. Can't really say more than that.

Ashampoo seem to be getting their dates mixed up, because that Ashampoo Burning Studio 2008 has been around since 2007.

The Burning Studio 6.61 was a very recent update, (a few weeks ago), and has an improved burning engine. What that means technically, I have no idea, but I'll take their word on that.

A comparison between Ashampoo and Imgburn/Burrrn combination. I would rate one as good as the other from the simple standpoint that I have never made a coaster with any of them.

It's horses for courses really.

If I'm backing up a DVD, I still use the Shrink3.2/DVDDecrypter combination, and neither of them have failed me yet.

If I'm burning a CD, I always use Burrn. It's simple, reliable, writes CD text, writes CD directly from various compressed formats, and burns Gapless CD's perfectly.

And the final contender, Ashampoo V6.61, I always use after converting AVI to DVD compliant. The resulting Video_TS folders can be put straight through Ashampoo without the need for conversion to an Image File.

I never burn any faster than X4, and I've never made a coaster with Ashampoo.

By the way BrownSugar, I cracked the 25fps conversion problem I had. Your post and link to Avanti is much appreciated.

Have never used Nero, but on different download sites for Ashampoo, a lot of the user reviews proclaim a definite improvement over Nero. Can't really say more than that.

Ashampoo seem to be getting their dates mixed up, because that Ashampoo Burning Studio 2008 has been around since 2007.

The Burning Studio 6.61 was a very recent update, (a few weeks ago), and has an improved burning engine. What that means technically, I have no idea, but I'll take their word on that.

A comparison between Ashampoo and Imgburn/Burrrn combination. I would rate one as good as the other from the simple standpoint that I have never made a coaster with any of them.

It's horses for courses really.

If I'm backing up a DVD, I still use the Shrink3.2/DVDDecrypter combination, and neither of them have failed me yet.

If I'm burning a CD, I always use Burrn. It's simple, reliable, writes CD text, writes CD directly from various compressed formats, and burns Gapless CD's perfectly.

And the final contender, Ashampoo V6.61, I always use after converting AVI to DVD compliant. The resulting Video_TS folders can be put straight through Ashampoo without the need for conversion to an Image File.

I never burn any faster than X4, and I've never made a coaster with Ashampoo.

By the way BrownSugar, I cracked the 25fps conversion problem I had. Your post and link to Avanti is much appreciated.

I would add that Ashampoo Burning Studio is much easier to us than Img Burn. Ashampoo has a very intuitive GUI which Img Burn certainly does not IMO.

Congrats! Is Avanti better than Winff as a front end for ffmpeg? I know that I recommended it to you but I haven't had a chance to install it. My recommendation was based on the site reviews. Is it now your converter of choice? I seem to switch between Winff and Mediacoder, and use Virtualdub and Avidemux on occasion for editing.

• Moderators
I would add that Ashampoo Burning Studio is much easier to us than Img Burn. Ashampoo has a very intuitive GUI which Img Burn certainly does not IMO.

True. That and the lack of a help file with ImgBurn too because some of what it does always initiates having to do an online search to get an explanation. However once it's configured it's rock solid. I like the fact that if you're about to make a mistake burning a DVD movie it will warn of the problem and offer to fix it.

• Moderators
Congrats! Is Avanti better than Winff as a front end for ffmpeg? I know that I recommended it to you but I haven't had a chance to install it. My recommendation was based on the site reviews. Is it now your converter of choice? I seem to switch between Winff and Mediacoder, and use Virtualdub and Avidemux on occasion for editing.

I still have MediaCoder, and use it for converting stuff for my Sony Walkman, and I still hang onto Super.

But when downloading AVI/DivX stuff, which has usually been converted to an NTSC frame rate of 23.976, Avanti is absolutely priceless. Especially it's pre-set "Templates".

Once you realise how good the Avanti "Templates" are, and what you can and can't do with them, it's a cracking piece of software for us normal folk who have never worked with command line.

A few mouse clicks enables you to easily demux the audio and video, converting the video from 23.976fps to 25fps in the process, and then another couple of clicks enables you to shorten the audio track to the shorter 25fps length, while at the same time altering the pitch to suit the faster frame rate.

One very very clever piece of kit.

The only thing I've had a problem with is remuxing, although that might be me. But AVIMux is another very easy program to use for that.

So, my good man, thanks firstly to the Big A for spotting the frame rate problem, and secondly to you for the Avanti links, I now have smooth playback on a PAL television.

EDIT: Just had a thought that a thank you here to the guys over at VIDEOHelp.com who developed Avanti, wouldn't go amiss. So a big thank you to Chris K, and 45tripp.

I still have MediaCoder, and use it for converting stuff for my Sony Walkman, and I still hang onto Super

As the person who recommended Avanti to you, I now have to actually try it! :)

As far as Mediacoder goes, the program has its bugs but the author is quick to respond with updates, and I really like the menus that use Firefox.

Some don't because they think the program phones home, but that's only at the beginning to search for updates, and you can disable that by denying access with your firewall (and possibly through the options menu).

As for Super, it's very similar (using all the codecs along with ffmpeg and mencoder in the same container). The major differences are that it's not open source like Mediacoder and that website is very difficult to maneuver because of its demand that you loosen your firewall settings.

Read the 2nd comment here from fish1234

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/SUPER#usercomments

Then read this thread that fish1234 links to on Malwarebytes:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3556

In summary, they conclude that it probably isn't malware, but until Zsoft further develops their uninstaller so that it can tell if a version # of a system file is changed, I'd be reluctant to reinstall Super. I once had it installed and thought it was a good converter, but since I've read several posts about installations of system files, I'll hold off. I know I've seen a free program that backs up dll files and version #'s. If one can do a before and after comparison subsequent to the installation of Super, I would consider installing it again.

To be fair, Super has addressed some of this in their FAQ's. Check out FAQ #'s 32 & 33:

http://www.erightsoft.com/faqt.html

It's good to know they've changed the install so that the added system files now remain in the Super directory folder.

• Moderators

MediaCoder I really like, especially the update method. For the uninitiated, you can download a full new install of the program, or just a much smaller "update" file.

There is, or was, bugs in it. One in particular was trying to use the "Extension" radio button. Always tripped with that, but the most recent update seems to have cured it.

I've read the "Super" links you posted, and to be honest, I kept it but never use it now. And it's probably the old type install.

I'm gonna remove it with the latest Revo Uninstaller, and see where it's got stuff installed.

There isn't anything I do that I need it for anyway. Kept it in case it came in handy.

Between MediaCoder and Avanti, I think I've got all the stuff I do covered. Let me know what you think of Avanti.