Windows Media Player

Capman

I have a problem with windows media player that is really bugging me and the kids.

No matter what we are using the computer for, if we press the # key windows media player opens.

Also, if windows media player is open playing a song, and another application is being used which requires the space bar to be pressed, windows media player jumps to the next song.

They are obviously keyboard shortcuts that are enabled, but I cant find out how to disable them.

That's screwed up. Do you own a name brand computer [Compaq, HP, Gateway, Toshiba, IBM, Sony, etc] that has funky keyboard with funky media keys on it [volume up, play, stop, internet buttons, etc]? Does it have software to control those media keys? Has someone jacked with the settings in said software? :P

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

I hope Dheeraj ain't the new elmannen, perhaps elmannen has used up all his 9 lives and been reincarnated.

He might as well have said, "you can change that by altering a setting somewhere".

Dheeraj, PLEASE NOTE THE USERS HERE TRY TO GIVE MORE DEFINATE SOLUTIONS, AND THE PEOPLE WITH PROBLEMS EXPECT MORE DEFINATE SOLUTIONS.

• Moderators

This happens even if it isn't running?

Does the shortcut property in "Accessories\Entertainment" show as:

"C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe" /prefetch:1

Also does the shortcut property have a shortcut key inputted?

From reading the help file under the topic "Keyboard access." it seems as though keyboard access is interfering somehow, how, why, perhaps another marvelous bug.

This happens even if it isn't running?

Does the shortcut property in "Accessories\Entertainment" show as:

"C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe" /prefetch:1

Also does the shortcut property have a shortcut key inputted?

From reading the help file under the topic "Keyboard access." it seems as though keyboard access is interfering somehow, how, why, perhaps another marvelous bug.

In answer to your questions;

Yes,

Yes,

No.

Maybe it is a bug, a very irritating bug.