To restore a .reg file...

Hello,

Since I use CCleaner, it seems that some of my softwares don't work correctly (for exemple Crystal Reports). I want to restore my first .reg file which I've created the first time, but I don't know how to make this.

I saw in FAQ, but I don't understand the "Merge" option...

Can somebody help me????

Thanks

tomate

Thank you

vuic

• Moderators

You right-click on the file and click on the merge option that appears. there will not be anything really obvious happen such as new pages loading or anything.

You can also just double-click the file as an alternative.

If you have renamed the file it must still have the .reg ending.

How many CCleaner.reg files do you have?

What way do the softwares not work now?

XP or vista?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I've saved all my reg files since the first time. I never restore anyone till yet but my software Crystal Reports doesn't work correctly and I don't know why but it comes perhpas from CCleaner, don't you think that? Does that kind of thing already happen?

I have 35 reg files and XP...

Thank you

vuic

I've saved all my reg files since the first time. I never restore anyone till yet but my software Crystal Reports doesn't work correctly and I don't know why but it comes perhpas from CCleaner, don't you think that? Does that kind of thing already happen?

I have 35 reg files and XP...

CCleaner does clean out many .log files and Temp files.If the reports are being stored there by Crystal Reports then they will deleted each time that you run CCleaner.

I don't think restoring the .reg files will help at all.

:) davey

P.S. Do you see some of these files listed in the CCleaner listings?

You may want to turn off some of those options to clean Log files or Temp files and see if the reports work properly after doing that.

I am not familiar with Crystal Reports at all.Is there something that you must redo each day to correct for CCleaner cleaning these areas?

Thanks for your answer.

In fact, Crystal Reports does run but everytime I want to run the formula editor, the software is ending. I've tried to uninstall Crystal et to install, but it makes the same. A few months ago, the software runs correctly and since a few days, it's always that problem when I use the formula editor.

Could it be because of CCleaner? Otherwise, I don't see what...

Thank you

vuic

Thanks for your answer.

In fact, Crystal Reports does run but everytime I want to run the formula editor, the software is ending. I've tried to uninstall Crystal et to install, but it makes the same. A few months ago, the software runs correctly and since a few days, it's always that problem when I use the formula editor.

Could it be because of CCleaner? Otherwise, I don't see what...

When did you start using CCleaner?

When did the problem with the editor begin?

Do you see some of these files listed in the CCleaner listings?

You may want to turn off some of those options to clean Log files or Temp files and see if the reports work properly after doing that.

I am not familiar with Crystal Reports at all.Is there something that you must redo each day to correct for CCleaner cleaning these areas?

Yes some people do not get to see some reports they want to see because they automatically run CCleaner in the morning.They must run the reports at a different time or run CCleaner at a different time.Sometimes they turn off certain cleaning options and only turn them on every now and then to get rid of an accumulation of temp files and log files.

If it turns out to be a certain temp file or such that gets deleted by CCleaner,you will be able to Exclude that file or folder from being cleaned.You will have to know what that file or folder path is.

Edited by davey