Is this Possible?

Normandie

I want to say first that CCleaner has become my N?1 piece of software, I just love it!! It has my computer running just like new. Now here is my question:

I run CCleaner 5 or 6 times a day to make sure everything is alright. I may spend an hour on internet, then log off and of course the 1st thing I do is run CCleaner, well since the new version came out on June 21st I never have move than .50 meg of trash to clean, even after an hour surfing. Don't get me wrong I am not complaining, :lol: but after the 1st few times of getting 23 meg, 15 meg, etc it is a little surprising. Could this be because I use it so often? If so is that not a good idea?

Thanks to all,

Normandie ;)

You can use it as often you want but you dont really need to use it that much. When you go on internet, it puts temporary files that it downloads such as webpages, images, cookies, etc. You dont really need to worry about that or delete it because it wont grow and grow, it can only be the maximum defined size which your browser has it setting at.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

• Moderators

I will do a real reply this time...

Usually after the first time you use CCleaner, it won't be any big MB cleaning. I use it about 5-6 times a day myself. It's just according to what I am doing, if it cleans alot of stuff. The more you use it, the less it will clean. Which is good if you are worried about people seeing what you have done.

Have you tried winapp2.ini by any chance? Add a program to winapp2.ini

You would be surprised what all it cleans and should free up alot more disk space.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Piriform Forum Moderator

Quick Links: CCleaner Products | CCleaner Documentation | Knowledge Center | Downloads | Lost License Key

I will do a real reply this time...

Have you tried winapp2.ini by any chance? Add a program to winapp2.ini

You would be surprised what all it cleans and should free up alot more disk space.

TwistedMetal,

I downloaded the winapp2.exe file and ran it, it put the winapp2.ini in the CCleaner directory, but that is all & I did not notice any other apps showing up. Did I need to do something else, rename it, copy & paste into winapp.ini file? I will say this, I am really careful about the number of apps I install. If I don't use an app for a month I delete it, thinking if I am not using it I did not need it. ;) In fact on my notebook with a 40 gig drive, I have 29 still free and have quite a few apps on it.

Thanks for all of your help & have a good day,

Normandie