Option to delete shell icon cache

nelsonhf

First, thanks for this great program.

I don't know if this was suggested before, but, maybe it's possible to include an option under Windows/Advanced, disabled by default, to clean (delete) the icon cache file created by Windows. Sometimes, this file becomes corrupt and then incorrect icons are displayed. When the file becomes too large, icon loading and refresh could become slow. Deleting this file, forces Windows to re-create it in the next startup solving one or both of this problems.

Under Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2K, the icon cache is a hidden file named ShellIconCache and it's located in the %WINDIR% folder. Under XP, the file is named IconCache.db, it's hidden too and it's located in the %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data.

Thanks.

First, thanks for this great program.

I don't know if this was suggested before, but, maybe it's possible to include an option under Windows/Advanced, disabled by default, to clean (delete) the icon cache file created by Windows. Sometimes, this file becomes corrupt and then incorrect icons are displayed. When the file becomes too large, icon loading and refresh could become slow. Deleting this file, forces Windows to re-create it in the next startup solving one or both of this problems.

Under Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2K, the icon cache is a hidden file named ShellIconCache and it's located in the %WINDIR% folder. Under XP, the file is named IconCache.db, it's hidden too and it's located in the %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data.

Thanks.

This would be a welcome addition to CCleaner. In Windows Vista, the path to the icon cache file is "%localappdata%\IconCache.db". Even though the relevant settings can be added to winapp2.ini, it would be good to see the option included as standard in the program.

Regards

DJ