FileHippo.com Update Checker

Icedrake

• Moderators

Downloaded the standalone exe version, and it was really quick. Found 17 updates, and only 4 that I actually know about. I've checked them all, and it's spot-on.

Some of these I would never have thought to check, and I think this is quicker than the Online Scans.

IMHO, a cracking little utility, and together with the amazing clarity of the FileHippo Update Info page, this is definitely a keeper for me.

Nice one Icedrake.

I don't like it because it wants to download Nero Burning Rom 8.3.2.1 which costs $63.99.

I can't get the upgrade because Nero 7 came with my DVD player.

It wants to update Feed Demon 2.6.0.21 to 2.6.1.3 RC1 and I don't like RC updates.

It wants to update to Internet Explorer 8.0 Beta 1 which I don't like because of problems I had before with it and I'm not a Web Developer nor Designer

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• 2 months later...

Update Checker v1.023 beta

FHSetup.exe (149kb)

http://www.filehippo.com/updatechecker

Changes

Version 1.023

Fixed bugs in ignore list and improved speed. Plus many internal improvements.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• 4 weeks later...
Does anyone know of a Driver quivalent of this? I've found many driver scanners on the net only to find they require you to pay up for the information :(
I wish I knew of one as well.

I don't have a credit card so it makes it a bit hard to pay.

Actually when I ran one it claimed several device drivers were down level and when I went to the device manufacturer's site I found that the driver was at their latest level and so I did not know where the application was going to retrieve the updated device driver from :blink:

IE7Pro user

I think a bunch of them are bogus or just spitting info about your PC into the wind. My old nVidea driver is always picked out by filehippo or pay apps that say there's a newer driver for me. My old nVidea card can't handle the newer divers like Forceware, etc.