Mozilla Firefox 1.05 Coming Soon!

TwistedMetal

• Moderators

They are excepting to come out with 1.05 in the next few weeks. One of the main bug fixes for it, is dealing with javascript pop-ups. Personally, I don't have a problem with javascript at all. NoScript is a killer at controlling javascript.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Piriform Forum Moderator

Quick Links: CCleaner Products | CCleaner Documentation | Knowledge Center | Downloads | Lost License Key

A new version of firefox is always good and welcome news, any dears if the new sanitize feature which is in the latest deer park is going to be implemented in 1.05 or are they saving it for 2.0? I've also tried that no script extension but I find it rather annoying that "script blocked" thing is always appearing.

I find that Firefox 1.0.3 and above have blocked all of my javascript popups successfully. What you guys may not realize is that the new way to spawn popups is through flash...! Get flashblock and you'll never see a popup again (I haven't).

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

Try this to stop flash pop-ups I've been using it for months and it works great and as it is not a extension no load time :D

Type About:config in the url box, Right-click anywhere in the page and choose New>Integer; type privacy.popups.disable_from_plugins

and press Ok; type 2 and press Ok you can choose anything between 0 & 2:

0: open allowed

1: the opened windows are treated as popups, but they're allowed to open (we limit the number of these

types of popups)

2: the window is a popup, block it

Oh snap. Well, Firefox is definitely not where my knowledge lies ;)

Thanks for that heads-up. I'm going to still use flashblock though... I love not seeing those crappy fake games/advertisements.

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

They are excepting to come out with 1.05 in the next few weeks. One of the main bug fixes for it, is dealing with javascript pop-ups. Personally, I don't have a problem with javascript at all. NoScript is a killer at controlling javascript.

1.1 aka Deer Park Alpha is still being worked on, they have no expected release date yet; though it is in the second alpha stage. Slated for a summer release.

Another way to stop them is to add them to Adblock.  They're tricky though, often setup to continually change a series of digits after .com/.  You can win the game, however, by using * after the .com or after .com/!

I think ill stick to the about:config code because it is easy to set-up, and very effective.

As I understand it, the main reason for this update is this:

Secunia has issued a security advisory about a frame injection vulnerability in various Mozilla browsers. The flaw allows a malicious website in one window to load content into a frame that's part of a different site in another window. While this does not present much risk by itself, it could be used as part of a spoofing attack. The Mozilla Foundation is aware of the issue and a fix has been checked in to the trunk and the Mozilla 1.7 and Aviary (Mozilla Firefox 1.0.x and Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0.x) branches.

It's a very puny threat, you can avoid it completely by using tabs. I think I'll wait for Firefox 1.1 .