Possable Bug?

Robin Hood

Hi all. I have noticed something between Beta 50 and Beta 64 of Defraggler. In beta 64 i get a "Some files cant be defragmented", where as in Beta 50 I have no such problem. I have noticed it especially in the System folder ( it will read the folder as ZERO bytes, where as Beta 50 will defrag it with no problems, or dont even pick-it-up as being faulty ).

Do you mean 'system volume information'? I've got the same thing.. But I think they don't defrag it on purpose.. I've read something about it in one of the other topics somewhere on this forum...I'll edit this when I've found the link to it.

EDIT: ok.. found it already..

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=14934

Basically.. They just say that these are windows restore points.. They only appear in deffragler when you have 'windows vista' installed...

You could turn them off.. But it's not recommended.

Do you mean 'system volume information'? I've got the same thing.. But I think they don't defrag it on purpose.. I've read something about it in one of the other topics somewhere on this forum...I'll edit this when I've found the link to it.

EDIT: ok.. found it already..

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=14934

Basically.. They just say that these are windows restore points.. They only appear in deffragler when you have 'windows vista' installed...

You could turn them off.. But it's not recommended.

Ok I understand that part, but there was this issue where it actually picked up 2 folders as ZERO bytes and didnt want to defrag it...When i went into the folder with win explorer, it DID had files in it that def wasnt ZERO in size...lol

Like I said before...With Beta 50 I had no such probs. I'll skip Beta 64 and wait for a later version...

• 5 weeks later...