autoupdater?

asdf

It would be better imo if the CCleaner updater could auto update CCleaner rather than just go to a web page saying if there was an update avail or not.

btw sorry about the username couldnt be botherd to register so used the one from bugmenot via the firefox extenshion (www.bugmenot.com)

Name disabled.

• Moderators

The main problem with this is bandwidth. Every user would use this and the CCleaner server would go down because of too much bandwidth being used.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Piriform Forum Moderator

Quick Links: CCleaner Products | CCleaner Documentation | Knowledge Center | Downloads | Lost License Key

It is not necessary as CCleaner doesn't update for life and death reasons like an anti-spyware program needs to (and even then, it's only definitions, not an entire program)

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

It is not necessary as CCleaner doesn't update for life and death reasons like an anti-spyware program needs to (and even then, it's only definitions, not an entire program)

The latest "entire program" download of CCleaner was only 471kb, whereas the last, "only" definitions update for spybot was 685kb. :P

It would be better imo if the CCleaner updater could auto update CCleaner rather than just  go to a web page saying if there was an update avail or not.

Not neccessary in my opinion. Personally I don't like to download a new version straight away so that if there are any bugs they are picked up and fixed before I download it.

I personally dont mind it the way it is anyway, I like to save the full exe file to cd for ease when working on other peoples computers.

I just thought I would add my tuppence worth to asdf suggestion.