April Desktops

rridgely

• Moderators
I would like nothing better than to post a linking thumbnail of large pics in my posts, however I have no idea how and nobody seems willing to tell me whenever I ask, like it's a Masonic Lodge secret or something, and trying to see how it's done by implementing the 'quote' feature doesn't reveal much either, so here are a few pics the old fashioned url way.

old destop

old desktop with Apophysis running

new desktop

an oldie but goodie

If anyone can tell me how to 'thumbnail' pics in posts without incurring the wrath of Number One please let me know. Thank you. ;)

---------------

Dennis, eh? Please impart. :huh:

Did I hear my name mentioned? :rolleyes:

If you've asked about this before Corona, I'm sorry I missed your post, but then again, you missed mine. :D

Have a read of it here, and if you need any more help, please ask.

Using Image Hosting Sites:

You can also try this excellent screen capture utility, which has a good help file and other options, accessed by clicking the two icons on the bottom right of the interface.

FastStone Capture: (Last freeware version)

Make sure you download from the "Download Fastone Capture 5.3" and not the "Home" link. (Commercial Version)

If you need any further help, again, please ask.

The red ring? Can you do a desktop with it, or show it to me?

You've piqued my interest now, and after a quick look, didn't find it.

thumb_ed22aca9.png

It's the only bit of colour in the whole picture. very subtle I think. Either that or it's time for my bed :rolleyes:

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse

• Moderators
thumb_ed22aca9.png

It's the only bit of colour in the whole picture. very subtle I think. Either that or it's time for my bed :rolleyes:

Oh, that red ring. I knew that.

No I didn't, well spotted squire. That picture just has me mesmerized every time I look at it. Apart from the depiction of graceful movement, the blindfold puts her completely in a world of her own.

And before anyone jumps on that... I know, I'm sad. :(

Thanks for replying Dennis. The help post you referred to mainly points out how to host and post an image, which I found out through agonizing trial & error back in 2001.

What I'm more concerned about is how to post a clickable (linking) thumbnail of an image in a post. Can you tell me how to do that? Thanks again!

• Moderators
Thanks for replying Dennis. The help post you referred to mainly points out how to host and post an image, which I found out through agonizing trial & error back in 2001.

What I'm more concerned about is how to post a clickable (linking) thumbnail of an image in a post. Can you tell me how to do that? Thanks again!

The post does actually explain how to post a clickable image.

The idea is to upload and store your image, and simply place a small thumbnail in your post that links to that image.

Also,

Come back to where you are typing your post, place the cursor on the start of the next line, right click and select PASTE.

You will now have a long line of text. To check that you have the correct linking code, go just below this window and select "Preview Post". In the preview window you should see your thumbnail. Click it, and it should take you to your hosted image.

Have another read of it Corona, and if you still haven't grasped the exact way to do it, no worries, I'm a past master of not grasping something straight away, and then suddenly the light switches on. idea.gif

So as not to hog this thread, feel free to pm me if you need a little more advice. And that goes for anyone else as well. That post may not be as clear as I thought it was. I'll have to take a look.

:)

• Moderators
I never noticed this in Photobucket before. Right at the very bottom of the page. How ergonomic. <_<

th_FireShotcapture4-sargem-Photobucket.png

Now I know how to do thumbnails! Yay me!

Thanks Dennis!

It's great when you get it right isn't it. :)

Well done for even trying, anyone else who wants to know just ask for help, no one will think badly of you, we all had to ask at first.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Yes Dennis, I'm sorry. Perhaps I should have checked the strength of the wine I was drinking before consuming a gallon of it. On sober reflection my new desktop is hideous and I wouldn't want to inflict it on to an innocent and unsuspecting public.

Woody.

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse

• Moderators
Yes Dennis, I'm sorry. Perhaps I should have checked the strength of the wine I was drinking before consuming a gallon of it. On sober reflection my new desktop is hideous and I wouldn't want to inflict it on to an innocent and unsuspecting public.

Woody.

:lol::lol::lol: Yep, been there. The old "Amber Nectar" has resulted in one or two cringeworthy posts from yours truly.