CCleaner Community Forums
englishmen

Windows update for Firefox

Check the below link out its basically a windows update type site but you can use it with firefox, its obviously unofficial and you use it at your own risk but it seems ok to me. I should not think it will last long Micro$oft will properly have it closed for some reason they just made up :D

http://windowsupdate.62nds.com/

Thanks alot. My IE has that active x problem and Windows Update doesn't work sometimes. I still haven't found a solution for it. So I guess I'll be using this. I hope it stays up for a while.

a lot, not 'alot'.

I didn't want to do this, nod32, but you've given me no choice! :

http://DjLizard.net/lastditch.zip

(Please don't download that file unless you're nod32)

Unzip and double click both .reg files, answer yes, and test out IE's ActiveX again. If it doesn't help, see if a reboot will do it.

No good. I gave up hope trying to fix IE a long time ago. I figure I'll just wait for IE 7 beta this summer. Thanks for trying to help though.

Now back on topic...

I take it you're talking about IE 7 beta?

Microsoft said they will be releasing it sometime this summer. But knowing Microsoft it will probobly be delayed...

Rogo found a way around my IE active X problem. After I attempt to install an active x control, I find the relevent cab file in Temporary Internet Files and extract the .dll or .ocx. Then I place it in system32 and and run "regsvr32 filename". I just refresh the page and it works!

So after I thank Rogo, I head over to IE and try to update Windows Update to v6. So I do the same thing and it works so far. A message comes up, and it says something about updating files. So I wait but nothing happens. I check Temporary Internet Files and there are a few cab files in there, so I figure I can just update everything manually. I go into safe mode to overwrite some files, restart and it detects that Windows Update is v6. I think im in the clear when it asks me if I want express or custom install, but then it displays some error messge.

Any Ideas?

Sorry for starting this topic again, but I didnt this was important enough for a new topic.