Windows update for Firefox

englishmen

Yeah. Our websites are listed here:

http://windowsupdate.62nds.com/comments.php

(we were there when the list was only one column)

;)

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

Thanks alot. My IE has that active x problem and Windows Update doesn't work sometimes. I still haven't found a solution for it. So I guess I'll be using this. I hope it stays up for a while.

a lot, not 'alot'.

I didn't want to do this, nod32, but you've given me no choice! :

http://DjLizard.net/lastditch.zip

(Please don't download that file unless you're nod32)

Unzip and double click both .reg files, answer yes, and test out IE's ActiveX again. If it doesn't help, see if a reboot will do it.

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

Rogo found a way around my IE active X problem. After I attempt to install an active x control, I find the relevent cab file in Temporary Internet Files and extract the .dll or .ocx. Then I place it in system32 and and run "regsvr32 filename". I just refresh the page and it works!

So after I thank Rogo, I head over to IE and try to update Windows Update to v6. So I do the same thing and it works so far. A message comes up, and it says something about updating files. So I wait but nothing happens. I check Temporary Internet Files and there are a few cab files in there, so I figure I can just update everything manually. I go into safe mode to overwrite some files, restart and it detects that Windows Update is v6. I think im in the clear when it asks me if I want express or custom install, but then it displays some error messge.

Any Ideas?

Sorry for starting this topic again, but I didnt this was important enough for a new topic.