CCleaner v2.06.567 Suggestions

DJJ123

I am using Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit with CCleaner v2.06.567 and have a few additional features for the program to clean:

WINDOWS ERROR REPORTING

FileKey1=%allusersprofile%\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey2=%allusersprofile%\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey3=%localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey4=%localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue|*.*|RECURSE

The Disk Cleanup utility built into Vista cleans these files but is very slow at doing so.

PERFORMANCE AND RELIABILITY MONITOR

FileKey1=%programdata%\Microsoft\RAC\PublishedData|*.*

FileKey2=%programdata%\Microsoft\RAC\StateData|*.*

Upon deleting these report logs, Windows Vista may take around 24 hours to generate new reports again.

WINDOWS INSTALLER

FileKey1=%systemdrive%\Config.Msi|*.*|REMOVESELF

Windows Installer (.msi) files create this folder in the root directory of the partition on which they are run. The files within this folder are usually deleted once the installation has completed, but the folder itself remains orphaned.

CRYPTNET CACHE

FileKey1=%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\Content|*.*

FileKey2=%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\MetaData|*.*

The files in these folders can build up significantly within a short space of time and can be safely deleted. They will be regenerated as and when required.

GENERAL LOGS

FileKey1=%windir%\Logs\CBS|*.log

FileKey2=%windir%\Logs\DPX|*.log

FileKey3=%windir%\Logs\WindowsBackup|*.etl

SYSTEM ASSESSMENT TOOL

FileKey1=%windir%\Performance\WinSAT|winsat.log

This file is created after running the System Assessment Tool from the "Performance Information and Tools" Control Panel. Also in this folder is a DataStore folder containing XML files with filenames that begin with the dates the tool was run. All but the most recently dated file can be deleted.

FOLDER VIEW SETTINGS

RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\BagMRU

RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags

RegKey3=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache

RegKey4=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\BagMRU

RegKey5=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags

These keys contain stored folder view settings such as details, tiles, and large icons view. To reset folder views back to their defaults, these keys can be deleted and will be regenerated automatically when required. Previously, these settings appear to have been included in CCleaner, but I have not seen any similar functionality in more recent builds.

PROGRAMS AND FEATURES CONTROL PANEL

RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Management\ARPCache

This registry key speeds up the display of the list of programs in the "Programs and Features" (or "Add/Remove Programs") Control Panel. After uninstalling a program, the cache entries are typically not removed from this location. The ARPCache key is automatically recreated (without the previously orphaned entries) when you open the "Programs and Features" Control Panel again.

Regards

DJ

A Windows Installer cleaner is available in the winapp2.ini add-on, a separate download from CCleaner.

I appreciate that there may be some overlapping information between the custom winapp2.ini file and what I have written here, but the original point I was trying to make was that I would like to see the features I mentioned included in CCleaner as standard because some of them can take up large amounts of hard disk space just for the sake of logging.

Regards

DJ

I agree with you!

By an example, I use to a custom entry to Google Earth and have to add this averytime the winnap2.ini is posted updated, is sad.

And the end-users that not use the forum not know the winnap2.ini...

Browsing with Opera browser elegance and mastery.

• 3 years later...