Ram upgrade?

englishmen

I currently have 2Gb of ram in 4 512Mb sticks but am thinking of getting faster memory i.e. the actual speed the memory runs, but as I already have 2gb of ram will I actualy see a performance increase? Thanks in advanced.

The increase would be on the order of milliseconds. You're already running with so much ram it's insane...

the only way it could go faster (noticeably) is if you had 400 MHz dual channel support, and even then, you'd have to benchmark to notice it.

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

2 gb RAM is definitly enough, and buying a faster memory module while still having your slower memory modules wont change anything since you cant run the new memory modules in lower latency settings.

Wait to buy new memory until next time you buy a new computer.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

If you really want to spend money (as it seems you do) by all means go ahead. But 2GB of old ram will be faster than new 1GB stick. IT seriously wouldnt matter besides the hole in your pockets. I can not think of a single use of a computer that would use all that RAM... Unless you do some seriously intense movie editing/caputuring/producing . But even then, i dont think it could use all that

)corjello(

Thanks for the help corjello, I did not buy all my memory it came from as follows, 512mb came from my old dell, I bought 512mb when I built my pc & 2 of my m8s built there own pc and bought new ram so they had no need for the other 2 sticks I got from them :D. Also I'm not that eager to spend ? its just I just built my new pc and I still have money left over from which I put to one side to do so so I was just wondering if any speed increase was available from my question on my previous post. Again thanks for the help.

their

corj: is that a a rock you're using

save your money for DDR2 instead... or a PCI Express video card... or a motherboard to support either of those two items...

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)