How to find exe file

DragonXD

Hello everyone

I have just downloaded this software so yes I am beginner.

For some weeks ago I deleted Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne from my laptop. I want to recover that game. I guess I just have to recover the exe-file of the game to make it work again? What I did when I deleted the game was going in the control panel and delete it - nothing else.

There is something about a Recycle-bin (or how it?s spelled), and I dunno if thats my problem. I just can?t find the war3_exe.... well, if thats what I "should" be looking for to make a game work again??????? If not, please say so - then I don?t feel stupid :)

Hopefully someone can help me out in this :P

Thanks

• Moderators

If you uninstalled the game (using Control Panel/Add Remove Programs) then you will not only have lost many files and folders but registry entries too. It's not possible to use Recuva to reinstall programs, you will hav eto use the installation disk. If you have just deleted one exe file, then it would usually go to the Recycle bin (recycler). It will be there under its correct name. If you have emptied the recycle bin then the file will be renamed to something like Dc1.exe. You can use Recuva to search for this file based on file extension or date of delete, and recover it. If it's some time since you deleted the file then it may have been overwritten: in this case it is not recoverable.