How old are you

rridgely

Never got so many "happy s" on a birthday. I guess you people already know you are a special group. If you hadn't thought about it that way, I'm letting you know now.

Old men kind of get sentimental that way.

Mudd

• 2 weeks later...
Never got so many "happy s" on a birthday. I guess you people already know you are a special group. If you hadn't thought about it that way, I'm letting you know now.

Old men kind of get sentimental that way.

Yes and we can't let this thread slide into obscurity! :wub:

It must be someone's birthday.

I love sports, premium cigars, among other things....GO BROWNS, INDIANS (yeah I'm a die hard), BUCKEYES, YSU, NAVY.....and ND.

Is it yours today mjp28?

No, I'm good for awhile but it must be somebody's......

In probability theory, the birthday problem, or birthday paradox pertains to the probability that in a set of randomly chosen people some pair of them will have the same birthday. In a group of at least 23 randomly chosen people, there is more than 50% probability that some pair of them will have the same birthday. Such a result (for just 23 people, considering that there are 365 possible birthdays) is counter-intuitive to many.

For 57 or more people, the probability is more than 99%, and it reaches 100% when the number of people reaches 366 (by the pigeonhole principle, ignoring leap years). The mathematics behind this problem led to a well-known cryptographic attack called the birthday attack.......

I didn't believe it at first but it's TRUE! :o

I love sports, premium cigars, among other things....GO BROWNS, INDIANS (yeah I'm a die hard), BUCKEYES, YSU, NAVY.....and ND.

• 2 weeks later...
34.0 :D

Richard S.

34.0 very precise Richard, have a good one.

"Richard v34.0"

• 2 weeks later...
Hope the link stays active for two more months at least. I'll be 75 in Dec, that is assuming..............!

Wondering if I'm the oldest. I remember not to long ago I saw a 70+ member but can't remember the details. I've always sucked the hind-t## because I was the youngest of 8. If I'm the most elder here, will finally have been first at something, :P

Hi Mudd!

Picablu here. I turned 73 Dec. 11. Have 5 children, 6 grandchildren, 4 great grandchildren and my 5 'fur-babies' the kitties. The business I worked for shut down 2 years ago, so I'm 'retired'. All I do now is fix up this old place I bought 12 yeaars ago (3 acres all badly neglected and house a disaster). I'm still chopping tree stumps and doing carpentry/plumbing/ electric/drywall/fireplace masonry, etc. by myself. Lucky I'm a gal who grew up in a 'jack-of-all-trades' family.

I was really sorry to read about your stroke. Keep on keepin' on, Mudd!!! :)

64 years young (with creaky knees) on the 17th of February this year.

Then I've only got another 64 years to go..................whopee..................!

Tasgandy

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

"one is never too old to listen & learn"

• 2 weeks later...
smiley-laughing025.gif

I'm only 59 on the 12th. (And that's not a hint for loads of cake and cards. Or maybe a few balloons. Not too much. What about Fireworks?)

Well were there any fireworks....or just the work part. :lol:

• 1 month later...

Any birthdays coming up?

We can't let this old thread sit too long. :)

• 2 weeks later...
And it's not polite to ask a lady her age or driving record. :lol:

The age usually has something to do with the driving record. On both ends of the spectrum.

The internet - Where men are men, women are men and children are FBI agents.

• 1 month later...