• NOD32
    • Norton
    • Online Scanner Only
    • Panda
    • Trend Micro
    • Other
    • None

• 3 weeks later...

well, for ghits and siggles I thought I would try Comodo personal antivirus as well as their firewall. i like the look of it so far, not sure of how good it is yet. do like the forums and the support though. its still in beta. and the site is having a difficulty right now, so i cant get my lifetime activation key yet-but i have 30 days to do that.

i am trying something different, because etrust doesn't seem to want to scan my emails. hmmmmmm. ill post back after messing around for a bit. :)

• Moderators

I haven't tried comodo firewall for one reason. Its too new.

Its not really fair but for an antivirus to be effective it needs a vast database and good scanning habbits. I might try it few months to a year from now if I see some good statistics.

I still use etrust. Its never had any problems on anything I've put it on and it just works. I'm not sure why its email scanner wont turn on for you though... Maybe you blocked something it needs with your new firewall? Or maybe it just needs to be restarted.

im not sure. i actually reinstalled it twice, started and stopped it, and i keep getting a pop up that tells me i need to update it, but then when i do, it tells me its up to date. too bad, because i liked it. if comodo isnt any good, ill give it another go. i figure since all my files are backed up, even if i get a virus or whatever and if i have to reformat, other than the headache, i will at least learn something from the experience.

:)

That's a shame. I'm sure all those people who, like myself, have scant knowledge of the more technical aspects of a pc will agree that you guys are like gold dust to us.

I most definitely agree

F-Secure. It is free for me with my cable connection. AVG would be my choice after that but F-Secure works great for me. No complaints, no reason to switch.

Strange thing to do, quote a post over a year old.

If there is a time limit on quotes, I missed it in the rules. I was agreeing with him about you guys being like gold. Then I added my obvious -2 cents worth. Sorry.

ok, the comodo firewall seems to be great-no problems. but the anti virus so far blows-its slowing things down HUGE. i love the look, i like the options on it, but if its slowing me down this much, its just not good. i may give etrust another shot.........

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I use Antivir classic. Ive used many others and this to me seems the best to suit my needs real light on the system Fast as scanning with which seems to be very powerful heuristics, And of course i am all for Freeware :D!

Comodo Firewall Pro 2.4

Avira Antivir PersonalEdition Classic

Spyware Terminator (Realtime & Hips enabled)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Well after using CA Internet Suite for months, I have been disappointed. The Anti-Virus didn't detect the virus until after it was installed and the anti-spyware didn't detect anything.

So, I dropped them both (The CA Anti-Spam is awesome though) and now I am using AntiVir PersonalEdition Premium. I have used AntiVir before and it as always done the job for me.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Piriform Forum Moderator

Quick Links: CCleaner Products | CCleaner Documentation | Knowledge Center | Downloads | Lost License Key

Proud NOD32 user :-)

I always recommend AVG to any home users, and NOD32 to businesses since I don't know any good free AV that aren't "for personal use only".

Never had trouble with it, and isn't very resource hungry, and has picked up all viruses that have ever tried to get access.

fireryone

• Moderators

Thought I would give Avira AntiVir a go today as it is one I have never used. I was running avast up to press.

So far, I have found no problems, seems to fit in easy ( at the moment) with my system.

When I installed and it does that setup scan thing it found 2 suspicious objects. Oh no! I thought.

Looked at them and they are both in c\windows\system32\Panda software\nanoscan They are, I'm 99% sure, false positives for the nano scan we discussed here

http://forum.CCleaner.com/index.php?showtopic=8932

Didn't realise it left it's calling card hidden in system32.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

After reading what Hazelnut had said about the panda nanoscan,I had a look in my C/windows system32

I found not only the nanoscan but also a 13.1mb folder of panda active scan.

Why do online scanners put folders in system32?should there not be some online info telling you that this will happen

If I hadn't read this thread I would never have known.

Mozilla Firefox, oops, none. ^_^

Truth, since I installed it, I don't see reasons to use a AV software. I use only my common-sense, in either case (browser, P2P software, etc). :P

Attitude that already completed 2 years without problems (proven by online scanners that I use half-yearly, only for conscience's sake). :lol:

[]?s :D

Excuse-me by my poorly english, I don't speak fluently.