• Online Scanner Only
    • Panda
    • Trend Micro
    • Other
    • None

• Moderators
if you do you won't be sorry. :)

Yeah I know. :)

The problem I've always had with eTrust EZ Antivirus (any version) is after I run a full system scan it does something to the memory or resources that makes them seem depleted and sluggish which forces me to reboot, it does that on my Win98 and WinXP system.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
avast! Home Edition or AVG Free Edition?

I install avg on other peoples pcs when I clean them just because you dont have to register every couple of months. That way I know they will always have an antivirus. I also had some problems with avast detecting viruses and not removing them.

To be honest I don't think I will ever be able to use anything but Etrust from now on.

Link to one year free trial of EZ Antivirus.(which is about to expire)

http://www.my-etrust.com/microsoft/

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

:blink: I use Vcom Fix it Utilities . Don't even talk to me about Norton because from a tech point of view, you won't like what I have to say.

VC has the best anti-virus utility I have ever used. It will detect a virus even when hitting on a website that may have one, not just on your system. The full system scan takes only 10 to 15 minutes depending on your HD size and how many files you have. I have used every type of antivirus and I speak from experience and a technical point of veiw, VC is simply the fastest and best.

It also has disk defrag\clean, reg cleaner\defrag\edit\backup\, system snapshot, monitors, anti spyware(which by the way I tested against adaware and it equaled it in finds, plus did the complete scan in 1 minute) it does far more than this, far more than I care to write about. The best thing is, it's only 39.00 and 29.00 for an upgrade, which is about every 3 to 4 years, unlike some which is 40.00 a year. Plus you get minor upgrades in between. updates are fast and VC won't integrate into your system or slow it down at all, unlike others. I have gotten at least 30 people to try it and will not go back to anything else. I have used it nearly 6 years now and went a bit ahead of schedule to get the new 6 pro version although they support 5 still. It's one of those things where if I could pay people to try it , I would. Plain and simple. Oh, did I mention it comes with Recovery Commander? Excellent recovery tool. You would pay an arm and a leg for just that usually.

I will say that since I have had VC i have not had a virus since get on my system. 10 when I had Norton, which took it's dear sweet time to detect. To be honest, after years of downloads, running Betas, testing programs, etc...You get a bit bored with it, but fix it won't let me get tired of it. Great program. However, this is my liking and my opinion and I do respect those who use other anti virus programs, especially free ones. It is nice to see something like AVG giving people an oportunity to have antivirus for free who may not have been able to afford it. I always respect GOOD free programs like it. This highly includes CCleaner!

Paul

The best antivirus is Bitdefender I check it at toptenreviews.com and believe it or not mcafee and trend micro are better than Norton!

23014[/snapback]

Adding on to what Tarun said, Anwar i think you will also find that most anti virus apps are better then norton.