• Online Scanner Only
    • Panda
    • Trend Micro
    • Other
    • None

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

My new on-demand is RAV AntiVirus Online Virus Scan.

Whatever Trend Micro has did to HouseCall it now won't get to step 3 and endlessly loops trying to load the page so I had to ditch it. Also I noticed RAV's online scanner is quicker to download on a dial-up, it only took a few minutes whereas Trend's was taking approximately 45 minutes. It also doesn't even come close to putting as much stuff on the system compared to Trend's which will make it much easier to remove.

• Moderators
I was going to ask you what RAV antivirus was in that other thread about costomizing CCleaner.

Now you know. It only works with IE though, however I don't see that as a current problem. The thing I really like about it is I can disconnect my dial-up and once it's loaded it will function so long as the IE window remains open. I only found it after skimming through someone's HijackThis log and noticed the reference to it.

McAfee for me!

Norton AntiVirus and Internet Security Suite. (also includes anit-spam)

Norton is probably the best AV software (no offense) but for instance the millisecond something tries to enter your pc it deletes it . I downloaded a test-virus on purpose and all I did was click on the link and it automatically deleted it. Hm! Well maybe some other AVs like McAffe does that too but... yeah... I'm so PROUD of Symantec! Hehe!

• Moderators
I downloaded a test-virus on purpose and all I did was click on the link and it automatically deleted it.

Every antivirus product I've ever tested can detect the EICAR antivirus test virus. You should be more impressed or depressed with how NAV deals with real viruses that can harm your system. NAV may be the best for you, however many people on this forum avoid it like the plague, myself included.