• NOD32
    • Norton
    • Online Scanner Only
    • Panda
    • Trend Micro
    • Other
    • None

• Moderators
I am happy to pay as I believe you get nothing for nothing in this world. But on a serious note, these companies have invested a lot of money and resourses to protect pc users and I think it's fair to pay. I use Norton 360 and Threatfire Pro which work very well together. Regards DD.

Pretty funny to see people quote stuff from when this thread was started(2005!).

Freeware is one of the only times I think you can get quality stuff for free.

Openoffice

Firefox

AVG Free/Avast/Antivir

CCleaner!

ect, ect. :D

Pretty funny to see people quote stuff from when this thread was started(2005!).

Freeware is one of the only times I think you can get quality stuff for free.

Openoffice

Firefox

AVG Free/Avast/Antivir

CCleaner!

ect, ect. :D

Sorry, I didn,t look at the date. I thought I was replying to an up to date thread. Regards DD.

• 2 weeks later...

Well after being annoyed by Avira long enough I went back to fat old AVG 8. Avira had the habit of occasionally wanting to close down Explorer, though Explorer kept on running even after I hit 'okay'. Not very enchanted about that bug. :huh:

Well after being annoyed by Avira long enough I went back to fat old AVG 8. Avira had the habit of occasionally wanting to close down Explorer, though Explorer kept on running even after I hit 'okay'. Not very enchanted about that bug. :huh:

Just go and get yourself a copy of AVG 7.5 and use until the end of the year. Hopefully by then AVG 8 will be transformed from a Norton wanna be (bloated POS) to a good light program again.

Get it here http://www.filehippo.com/download_avg_antivirus/4029/

Hopefully by then AVG 8 will be transformed from a Norton wanna be ( bloated POS) to a good light program again.
I have some real good Land in Florida I can sell you.

I un-installed AVG 7.5 on all of my systems and installed avast! Home Free and its working great.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

I have some real good Land in Florida I can sell you.

I un-installed AVG 7.5 on all of my systems and installed avast! Home Free and its working great.

What are you trying to say?

AVG 7.5 runs at less than 2 MB on my systems. Never had an infection while using it. Never had a conflict with another program with it. Best antivirus I have used.

I did. I'm just saying that what you're saying is true. But avast! detects more things than AVG I think, because when I switched from AVG to Avast last year, Avast found a virus that AVG didn't catch.

A virus, or a cookie adware?

No they are supporting 7.5 until Dec 31, 2008.

Here is the official thread from the AVG forums....

Okay, but during a scan using AVG 7.5 today a pop-up came up & said only thru May 31st. Might be old news by now, but they never updated that pop-up since then. (And that's the 1st time I ever got a pop-up in 7.5. :blink: )

A virus, or a cookie adware?

Okay, but during a scan using AVG 7.5 today a pop-up came up & said only thru May 31st. Might be old news by now, but they never updated that pop-up since then. (And that's the 1st time I ever got a pop-up in 7.5. :blink: )

Yes it's old news.

I did. I'm just saying that what you're saying is true. But avast! detects more things than AVG I think, because when I switched from AVG to Avast last year, Avast found a virus that AVG didn't catch.

Hi Icedrake,

Take Anthony's advice and put AVG 7,5 back on your PC.It uses very little RAM and rates .5% higher than AVAST PRO for On-demand.

What good is having realtime checking with 20MB and everything turned off.Avast rates better for realtime but if its turned off why have it at all.

I just hope AVG wises up also and offers what it provides now with AVG 7.5.

Good Luck,

:) davey

I like avast! and it works well on my 256MB RAM WinME, 512MB RAM XP Home plus 760MB RAM XP Pro systems.

I have email, Standard Resident protection with Automatic database updates only.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

But avast! detects more things than AVG I think, because when I switched from AVG to Avast last year, Avast found a virus that AVG didn't catch.

I switch from McAfee (after 12 years) to AVG last year and AVG picked up on a virus that McAfee couldn't find. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best