• NOD32
    • Norton
    • Online Scanner Only
    • Panda
    • Trend Micro
    • Other
    • None

• 2 weeks later...
using Norton currently but i've been hating it so i'm thinking about getting a new one on february or whenever the subscription ends.

24522[/snapback]

You should try out eTrust w/ one year free subscription. :D

288olaow8888cq2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Looking at the poll, I see that many people use avast! antivirus and Grisoft AVG which doesnt come as a surprise.

One thing that surprises me though, is how many people use the sucky Norton Antivirus!

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

• Moderators

One thing that surprises me though, is how many people use the sucky Norton Antivirus!

That could be because NAV is like a vacuum cleaner - it's really good a sucking - that is; people into buying it, whom later find out it really does suck.

• 1 month later...

I'm using Eset NOD32.

In the past, I have used AntiVir, avast!, Bitdefender, eTrust, F-Prot, Sophos, Trend Micro, AVG, Panda, Norton, Symantec Antiv?rus Corporate, Kaspersky... I have used all principal antivirus softwares.

I like Kaspersky and NOD32, but I'm using Windows Server 2003 and Kaspersky don't install in Windows Server versions.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I've tried Avast Home, AVG Free, and ClamWin, but the only one I like is AntiVir Personal Edition Classic. It scans relatively fast and its easy to turn off it's real-time feature.

Dell Latitude D600

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1

follow_me-c.png

Nod32, for three years now, and very pleased with it. :)

It's heuristic/generic detection is second to none (and that includes Kaspersky)

That said, Kaspersky's database is truly huge, and I may someday purchase a license just for the heck of it, so as to have a backup AV for on demand scans.

However, Nod32 really does fulfill all my needs.

Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic. I've used it for a few months (Norton 2006 started being weird), been virus-free for three reformats.

BTW: I'm new =)

--Jeremiah

Nod32, for three years now, and very pleased with it. :)

It's heuristic/generic detection is second to none (and that includes Kaspersky)

That said, Kaspersky's database is truly huge, and I may someday purchase a license just for the heck of it, so as to have a backup AV for on demand scans.

However, Nod32 really does fulfill all my needs.

Aloha Tony....I'm new to the ccleaner "forum" ( & don't even have ccleaner on my computer yet - any advise you could give me would be greatly appreciated - I use System Mech. 6 now) BUT, my question is re: Nod32 -........How much does it cost? How fast is it? (I use AVG Free antivirus at the present time...but it is "super slow" - takes about 1/12 hour or so to do a "scan")....I'm a Sr. Citizen & self taught on my computer for the past 2 1/2 yrs.....Thanking You, Beforehand for your Knowledge & Assistance!! "Rosario"

AVG Free.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Norton Internet Security 2006 have run Norton for 5 years now. Computer runs fine never been hacked or had a virus on my system. I set up my scan engine to run at night when im working. Plus always cheaper to buy your software on ebay if you use the pay for type of programs at a third of the cost or less. Been pleased with Norton never had a problem with it.

Norton Internet Security 2006 have run Norton for 5 years now. Computer runs fine never been hacked or had a virus on my system. I set up my scan engine to run at night when im working. Plus always cheaper to buy your software on ebay if you use the pay for type of programs at a third of the cost or less. Been pleased with Norton never had a problem with it.

Norton uses many or.. should I say... Too many resourses.
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8