Bitcomet - pc not shuting down.

englishmen

I currently using Bitcomet as my torrent client for downloading game demo's & software were available but every time I use it my pc does not shut down. It Logs off then just sits there saying shutting down but never does. I have tried loads of others bittorrent clients including all the popular ones but still the same.

This is getting very annoying and it properly is not doing my newly custom built(did it on my last one as well) pc any good can anyone help.

• Moderators
If i run a bittorrent client for any mount of time my pc just does not sutdown even if i close the app first.

After you close the application look at the processes (ctr+alt+del) and see if it really closed or if something is running that shouldnt be. Also I know you said you tried other programs but check out http://azureus.sourceforge.net/.

Englishmen, you could probably force the program to close using EndItAll, you would have to select the program in the list that appears, then click Actions, then click Close Program, if that does not work then you can force it to close by selecting Kill Program instead of Close Program.

Get it here:

http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6142-0.html?f...ssageID=1179692

Englishmen, you could probably force the program to close using EndItAll, you would have to select the program in the list that appears, then click Actions, then click Close Program, if that does not work then you can force it to close by selecting Kill Program instead of Close Program.

Get it here:

http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6142-0.html?f...ssageID=1179692

I get a error when trying to download it :huh:

Not Found

The requested URL /Files/EndItAll2.zip was not found on this server.

Unfortunately the very useful formerly-freeware utility EndItAll2 which I have praised and recommended for years is no longer available free of charge to end users. While there are a number of copies still floating around the web for those who look hard enough due to the intervention of the Ziff-Davis, Inc legal team and their false accusations to my ISP that I personally have been providing their copywrited program, links to the program can no longer be found on this web site. Those prepared to pay for a subscription can find it available at winmag.com

<_<

Source

Maybe it is some other software you are running in the background which dont like to close. Try shutdown all applications before you run the BitTorrent client and see if that helps.

Personally I use ABC [Yet Another Bittorrent Client].

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

Maybe a long shot but the problem I mentioned above has been happening for some time now since then I have changed all of my apps to open source or at least free alternative so I would have thought it is not software related. Could It tho be hardware related my last pc was a crappy bought dell but since then I have learnt from my ways and built my own pc. I bought a new case, motherboard, graphics card etc but I kept the memory from the dell and just added 2 more 512Mbs sticks. I have not got the foggiest how memory works but could it be that something my bittorrent client is putting in the memory and it is not clearing when I shut down?

Maybe a long shot but the problem I mentioned above has been happening for some time now since then I have changed all of my apps to open source or at least free alternative so I would have thought it is not software related. Could It tho be hardware related my last pc was a crappy bought dell but since then I have learnt from my ways and built my own pc. I bought a new case, motherboard, graphics card etc but I kept the memory from the dell and just added 2 more 512Mbs sticks. I have not got the foggiest how memory works but could it be that something my bittorrent client is  putting in the memory and it is not clearing when I shut down?

Random Access Memory is not capable of storing anything once a computer is shut down.