Please make updates more intelligent

erick_p

Everytime there is an update:

1. I need to visit the website.

2. Then click around at least 5 or 6 times before I get to the Filehippo page.

3. And there is no info on what is new in the 2.xx.xxx version.

Please remove these 5-6 clicks. Please put one download link on the page to which I click from the software--the link should be right there.

And there should be a small paragraph telling me WHAT's NEW in this update since my current version (your software can send the data about what my current version is).

Finally, ideally your software should be able to update itself without me having to spend time on the website! Most quality software I use autoupdates and I'm done (e.g., Firefox).

Thanks.

• Moderators

There is info on what a new release does in the announcment on this forum and also on Piriform's web pages. Filehippo is a separate entity so perhaps we have to put up with a few clicks in return for them offerring a hosting service. A few clicks every month or so is no great deal.

The last thing I want is auto update. The times I've sat here waiting for a pdf file to display and there's some hidden window asking, no telling, me to update. I'd sooner run my own pc than have it tell me what to do.

Rgds.

3. And there is no info on what is new in the 2.xx.xxx version.

Please remove these 5-6 clicks. Please put one download link on the page to which I click from the software--the link should be right there.

No, once you are on CCleaner.com you click once on Download CCleaner now... then you click once again on Alternative Download and its done, 2 clicks. So where do you get 5 or 6 clicks from?

If you want to read the version history then thats on the same page. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

• 2 weeks later...

With regards to updates, has anyone experienced the 'Check for updates' link in CCleaner not doing anything when using Vista?

With my little experience of Vista so far, I may not be too far from the truth when I think that it nay have something to do with Vista's over paranoid 'dont do anything unless you let me' mentality, but I only get a warning / confirmation on opening CC - however, it does nothing when I click the link, and I have to manually check the web-site (which I may add is only a couple-of clicks to do) each week or so ...

Anyone ever experienced this? (if the answer is on another post, I apologise - I can't find it)

• Moderators

NO (but then I'm not on Vista) but the thing I've noticed is that when you click on Check for Updates it opens the CC page in an existing open window, so it is easy to sit there waiting and miss the response elsewhere.

• Moderators

Bookmark this link and you'll be presented with just one page, and the download will be from CCleaner.com:

http://www.CCleaner.com/download/builds

As it's already been mentioned the What's New is in the Announcements area of the forums.