ccleaner suggestion

pierre31

hi , :)

this might be already asked but would it be possible that CCleaner performs its cleaning task according to a scheduled time during a session , not only at computer startup ?

eg twice , three times a day......

:)

thanks and best regards ,

pierre

Disabled entries get renamed in the registry (usually).. but some startup managing programs disable entries in different ways. The only key that is for sure is Run-, which is created by MSCONFIG... any other program that can disable entries could name it something else. So, MrG could only feasibly add support for MSCONFIG's disabled entries.

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

Yeah.

This is one of the keys MSCONFIG can see and manipulate:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

When you disable an entry using MSCONFIG, it moves it to here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run-

Other programs that manipulate startup items could move it to a different place, so it's impossible to be able to support all startup manipulation programs.

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

Back to the top of this thread... good question

I believe Pierre31 was looking for a way to automatically run the scheduled task without user intervention, plus display the progress then exit when complete. Such as with Window Washer's autowash.

Scheduling a task only brings up the main start window which requires user intervention. Some will simply exit the program.

Using the /auto parameter on the program executible runs it completely silently, but you cannot see the progress.

I'd be interested to know if anyone knows of another option.

Back to the top of this thread... good question

I believe Pierre31 was looking for a way to automatically run the scheduled task without user intervention, plus display the progress then exit when complete. Such as with Window Washer's autowash.

Scheduling a task only brings up the main start window which requires user intervention. Some will simply exit the program.

Using the /auto parameter on the program executible runs it completely silently, but you cannot see the progress.

I'd be interested to know if anyone knows of another option.

;) that's it ,kanjitiger