Stay out of the MFT zone!

EclipseWebJS

Umm, unfortunately...

The debug file is quite large, about 38.6 MB. Attaching this debug log is impossible.

But then, I compressed the file into zip format and it worked quite well. The file attacher wouldn't handle 7z files, so I made that instead. It would have taken me up to 45 minutes to send off this debug file without compressing it.

An update: This is definitely a bug in Defraggler. Even though I still saw the MFT region marked purple on the disk map, when I looked at it through another tool, such as O&O Defrag, I saw that the entire free-space region was completely covered in data! I'm trying my best and using all these other tools to help restore order and chaos before my next reboot...

• 1 year later...

Sorry for bringing up an old thread, but I just recently noticed that the "Quick Defrag" option introduced in v1.12.152 moves the files it defragments into MFT Zone. I can verify this by performing analysis and clicking the purple blocks. Before quick defrag only the first and the last blocks are clickable - the first containing $MFT itself, and the last obviously being other files sitting immediately after the MFT zone. After quick defrag these blocks become filled with random files.

I think this should be fixed.

The good thing is that highlighting a purple block, selecting all files and defragging moves them out of the MFT zone, even if the files are not fragmented.