Superantispyware version 4

hazelnut

• Moderators

http://www.superantispyware.com/

Technology Changes

* Up to a 30%-50% increase in scanning speed

* Direct Disk Access (DDA) technology bypasses all of the Windows API/Kernel to detect and remove difficult spyware

* Drastically reduced memory usage

* Additional repairs for Windows Vista and Windows XP including Control Panel Access Restore

* Improved detection of packed/compressed threats

* Termination protection - you can allow Task Manager to terminate the application if something hangs - something other applications don't allow

* Enhanced detection and removal of in-memory threats

* Improved hardware detection and logging to reduce re-activation problems

Interface and Functionality Changes

* Hover text/bubble over SUPERAntiSpyware system tray icon shows program version, database versions and last update date

* Main screen now shows subscription expiration date (if any) and product version i.e. Professional or Free Edition

* When registering/activating the Free Edition, all references to Free Edition are changed to Professional

* Windows Vista Security Center Integration

* Updates now has it's own tab in the Preferences - there may be additional items here in the future

* New error logging system

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

And just so folks know, you don't need to download the installer, nor do you have to uninstall or reinstall anything. Just run SUPERAntiSpyware and it will detect the program update, then allow it to download and install it.

Anybody notice a large drop in the number of files being scanned? It's being reported on the SAS forum. I haven't updated yet. I usually wait a a couple days or week until I read about how the update is working. I do that for everything.

As Nick explained on the SAS forum the bug was in 3.9 reporting incorrect number of files scanned.

[There was a documented bug in version 3.9.1008 where the file count was being reported incorrectly. Version 4.0.1154 correctly reports the number of files scanned.]

Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit - IE11 - Nod32 - Mbam pro

As Nick explained on the SAS forum the bug was in 3.9 reporting incorrect number of files scanned.

[There was a documented bug in version 3.9.1008 where the file count was being reported incorrectly. Version 4.0.1154 correctly reports the number of files scanned.]

OK thanks I missed that. Must have been a big bug because the number of files scanned now is a lot less than it used to be going from what I was reading on the forum.