March Desktops

rridgely

Nice Woody :)

Plus you're using vladstudio, I love his work.

Thanks Hazel. Not very adventurous perhaps but I like it.

Yes I love Vladstudio, he produces some amazing stuff. Some people are just so talented.

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse

Yep, looking good Woody. Is that RocketDock you're using there? :)

Yep, Rocketdock. I don't say our relationship is on the strongest of footings, but, having survived a couple of messy break-ups , I think we've arrived at something approaching peace.

Woody.

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse

The Stack Docklet is your friend in that case. You can put a bunch of shortcuts into one dock icon ;)

t3780_20080314193829.jpg

Or this;

20080315010722df2.th.png

Or this;

20080315010722df2.th.png

You like the fan I like the grid ;)

You want to know a little hidden feature in the Stack Docklet? OK since you asked I will tell you :P

When you left click the Stack Docklet immediately after you click press and hold the "Shift" key. If you press the "Shift" key too early it won't work right and the Docklet will just open the folder it is pointing to. You will probably have to try it a few times to get the timing down but when you do the Stack Docklet opens in slow motion and looks really neat just like on Leopard for Macs. It looks really neat if you use the grid mode but it still works in fan mode. This also works for closing the Docklet.

Ok I finally changed mine (my friends would be proud - lol)...

marchdesktopvg6.th.jpg

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

Looks good, makes the dock standout.

Thanks Dennis, and thanks once again for your help with Rocketdock. ;)

On my venerable old WinMe system

f0zz9s.png

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

I notice that Yokenny is also a Microsoft MVP. Strange he would use ME.

WinME got a bad rap because it had no real mode DOS support so games that required it would not work :P

I don't wast my time with games as I find learning things on the Internet regarding Safety on which my Microsoft MVP award is based is a most fascinating game.

WinME didn't cost me anything just like the system unit and as I'm retired and on a fixed income it is just a test system for me.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

OK I'm ready for the next step ;)

"RocketDock" is always on my desktop ;) , see my post above ↑

All I need now is a "Docklet"? to display things like CPU-Temp, HDD-Temp, RAM-Usage...etc.

I've been trying to find out how to do this :blink: I'm even more confused.

I have "SpeedFan" that can supply readings (Info) to the Docklet right?, am I on the right track?

Thanks in advance for any help.

OK I'm ready for the next step ;)

"RocketDock" is always on my desktop ;) , see my post above ↑

All I need now is a "Docklet"? to display things like CPU-Temp, HDD-Temp, RAM-Usage...etc.

I've been trying to find out how to do this :blink: I'm even more confused.

I have "SpeedFan" that can supply readings (Info) to the Docklet right?, am I on the right track?

Thanks in advance for any help.

There are some docklets that will provide that info for you.

Here are some sites to get docklets.

http://www.dockex.com/

http://www.wincustomize.com/skins.aspx?lib...mp;cat=Docklets

http://rocketdock.com/index.php?option=com...select&id=2

Some of the docklets need a big docklet called Systats. You install the other docklets into it. Some are stand alone.

Hey... I'm trying to do the Sysstats thing with the CPU Orb found on the RocketDock site and am really confused on how everything works.

Thanks for any help

AJ

I don't use Systats and have never tried it so you know as much as me about it. I just know it's required for many of the docklets. Look through the docklets on the sites I linked there are some don't need Systats to work.

Here is some info on how to use it.

http://sysstats.jools.net/installation.php

http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showthread.php?t=7911