March Desktops

rridgely

Somethings wrong there. You either downloaded the wrong thing or put it in the wrong folder. What ever skin you use just unzip into the Rocket Dock skin folder.

I looked at the link you posted for the skin you want to use and it says the file doesn't exist so I don't know what you downloaded.

If it's a Leopard skin you want here is the proper link to one. http://matonga.deviantart.com/art/Leopard-...t-Dock-72995236

Ok I give up. I followed your instructions exactly, with the same result.

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse

Ok I give up. I followed your instructions exactly, with the same result.

I don't know what to tell you. I downloaded the skin from the link I gave you and opend it up to see if everyhting was in it and it is. You should just have to unzip it to the Rocket Dock skin folder than select it in the options and it should appear for you.

• Moderators

Alright, I deleted my mint partition a few days ago and yesterday I decided that I missed it. :P

So now I'm going to go 1 month using nothing but mint on my laptop(I actually deleted my XP partition. :blink:). I plan to use mint for everything but school reports that I write on my desktop(keyboard is better there and word is just way better at proofing.)

screenshotgp9.th.jpg

• Moderators
I don't have a whole dock appearing on my desktop. All I have is the "runway" separator. Does that make sense?

Woody

Hi Woody, I'm really curious. You wouldn't have a screenshot of that "runway" thing you have by any chance?

Hi Woody, I'm really curious. You wouldn't have a screenshot of that "runway" thing you have by any chance?

Dennis he is talking about the separators. You can see them in my screen shot in the post above yours. For some reason that is all that is showing up for him when he installs the skin. It sounds like the background or the actual dock is missing.

• Moderators

I thought that's what he might mean, I was curious to see if all the icons are standing there on nothing.

You'd think there were files missing from his downloaded folders, but you've checked that. Weird.

If it's showing the separator .png, why the hell not the background .png?

Another mystery that may remain one. ;)

I thought that's what he might mean, I was curious to see if all the icons are standing there on nothing.

You'd think there were files missing from his downloaded folders, but you've checked that. Weird.

I'm usually the one that these mysteries happen to. We all get them though. You with your Opera mystery ;)

Ok. I've uninstalled RocketDock. I'll reinstall and see how it goes. It's just as Anthony says, all I have is the separator , but I did unzip the Leoparddock file to the skins folder. Ah well, try again. I know I'm doing something wrong but I just can't figure out what.

Woody.

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse

Ok. I've uninstalled RocketDock. I'll reinstall and see how it goes. It's just as Anthony says, all I have is the separator , but I did unzip the Leoparddock file to the skins folder. Ah well, try again. I know I'm doing something wrong but I just can't figure out what.

Woody.

In the options dialog of Rocket Doc where you select the theme/skin you want to use what is the opacity setting at?

In the options dialog of Rocket Doc where you select the theme/skin you want to use what is the opacity setting at?

All set at 100%. I've just reinstalled Rocketdock and the Leaopard dock, but I still get the same result. a032.gif

All set at 100%. I've just reinstalled Rocketdock and the Leaopard dock, but I still get the same result. a032.gif

This might be obvious but are you actually unzipping the skin?

What about the skins that come with Rocket Dock do they appear OK? Have you tried downloading any others from Deviant Art and do they work OK?

This might be obvious but are you actually unzipping the skin?

What about the skins that come with Rocket Dock do they appear OK? Have you tried downloading any others from Deviant Art and do they work OK?

I'm clicking on extract all files, then selecting the rocketdock skins folder.

Look in the Rocket Dock folder and see if the skin is in there in it's own folder.

It is. Everything seems to be there. I don't understand it. I think I'll give up now and allow this thread to return to normal!

• Moderators

Give up? Give over. I'm sure no one will mind as it's to do with your desktop, and I hate mysteries.

As Anthony was asking, you don't say whether you've tried a different skin or not.

One thing I noticed from that link.

The "Ghostwalker Leopard Port" folder is unzipped to the Skins folder, inside a folder called "Leopard_Skin_for_Rocket_Dock_by_matonga".

I don't know if Anthony did this, but have you removed the "Ghostwalker Leopard Port" folder from within the "Leopard_Skin_for_Rocket_Dock_by_matonga" folder, and placed it directly inside the Skins folder.

I've just tried it on my pc, and it didn't work buried one folder too deep.

t148_Skins5.jpg

The red circled folder is what I think you should have, with the .png and .ini files directly inside it.

The green circled folder is what I think you may have. With the red circled one inside of it.

That's the only reason I can think of, that's causing this not to work.

I have a folder called "Ghostwalker Leopard Port" in my Rocket Dock skin folder. If you open that folder it contains all the pieces of the dock skin. That folder unzipped directly from the download. I don't see another level. There is the downloaded zip which contains "Ghostwalker Leopard Port" and thats what should be in the skins folder.

t1305_20080307140801.jpg

• Moderators

That's what I've got as well. I remember now Leopard was the first one I downloaded, and I just extracted it to a folder of the same name as the zip file, to my downloaded files folder, and then moved it. "Extract to a folder of the same name", is one of ZipGenius' right click options.

That's when I realised it should be extracted directly to the Skins Folder. Still, for want of anything better, it would explain why it ain't working if Woody's done something similar. Although he does say he extracted it straight to RocketDocks Skins folder.

If that's not even close, I'm fresh out of ideas. Damn.

Give up? Give over. I'm sure no one will mind as it's to do with your desktop, and I hate mysteries.

As Anthony was asking, you don't say whether you've tried a different skin or not.

One thing I noticed from that link.

The "Ghostwalker Leopard Port" folder is unzipped to the Skins folder, inside a folder called "Leopard_Skin_for_Rocket_Dock_by_matonga".

I don't know if Anthony did this, but have you removed the "Ghostwalker Leopard Port" folder from within the "Leopard_Skin_for_Rocket_Dock_by_matonga" folder, and placed it directly inside the Skins folder.

I've just tried it on my pc, and it didn't work buried one folder too deep.

t148_Skins5.jpg

The red circled folder is what I think you should have, with the .png and .ini files directly inside it.

The green circled folder is what I think you may have. With the red circled one inside of it.

That's the only reason I can think of, that's causing this not to work.

I have what you have circled in red. Everything is inside the folder. Or at least it was, because I have now uninstalled Rocketdock and thrown my computer out of the window. smiley-channel.de_technik014.gif