CCleaner not cleaning eMule search history

RobMob

Is it installed in the default location? Have you checked if the winapp.ini entry for emule is correct (I don't have it so can't check myself)?

For example, is this the correct registry location:

HKCU\Software\eMule

Is this the correct file path:

%ProgramFiles%\eMule\config|AC_SearchStrings.dat

Is it installed in the default location? Have you checked if the winapp.ini entry for emule is correct (I don't have it so can't check myself)?

For example, is this the correct registry location:

HKCU\Software\eMule

Is this the correct file path:

%ProgramFiles%\eMule\config|AC_SearchStrings.dat

The registry location of the search History key is as follows: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\CCleaner\Options.

eMule is installed to its default location i.e: ProgramFiles\eMule but there is no such file as configAC_SearchStrings.dat

The registry location of the search History key is as follows: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\CCleaner\Options.

eMule is installed to its default location i.e: ProgramFiles\eMule but there is no such file as configAC_SearchStrings.dat

It is not meant to be the settings reg key. The reg key is just for detecting whether emule is installed so if your system has the reg key I mentioned that rules that out.

The item CCleaner is set to clean (sorry, I didn't make this clear in the file path I mentioned) is "AC_SearchStrings.dat" in the "config" folder - Program Files\eMule\Config\AC_SearchStrings.dat

If the above reg key is correct and the filepath is correct (and the config folder contains contains "AC_SearchStrings.dat") then it should be working. If either is incorrect let us know so it can be put right (and we can probably let you know how to make it work for you in the meantime) ;)

It is not meant to be the settings reg key. The reg key is just for detecting whether emule is installed so if your system has the reg key I mentioned that rules that out.

The item CCleaner is set to clean (sorry, I didn't make this clear in the file path I mentioned) is "AC_SearchStrings.dat" in the "config" folder - Program Files\eMule\Config\AC_SearchStrings.dat

If the above reg key is correct and the filepath is correct (and the config folder contains contains "AC_SearchStrings.dat") then it should be working. If either is incorrect let us know so it can be put right (and we can probably let you know how to make it work for you in the meantime) ;)

Thanks for explaining.

eMule v48a (current version) installed to it's default location under Windows Vista is 'ProgramFiles\eMule' but there is no folder called 'config' therefore no sign of the 'AC_SearchSrings.dat' file (its not a hidden file or folder as I've checked). This probably explains as to why it does not clear eMules search history! Please take a look for yourself if that is possible.

Any further help and comments would be much appreciated as CCleaner is a great piece of software so the more of these little bugs that get sorted the better.

Regards

Rob

Thanks for explaining.

eMule v48a (current version) installed to it's default location under Windows Vista is 'ProgramFiles\eMule' but there is no folder called 'config' therefore no sign of the 'AC_SearchSrings.dat' file (its not a hidden file or folder as I've checked). This probably explains as to why it does not clear eMules search history! Please take a look for yourself if that is possible.

Any further help and comments would be much appreciated as CCleaner is a great piece of software so the more of these little bugs that get sorted the better.

Well I just installed it to check for my self and that AC_SearchStrings.dat file is present at that file location here, maybe it is different under Vista. Maybe someone else here who uses eMule under Vista (or XP for that matter, just to be sure) can check it out too :unsure:

Well I just installed it to check for my self and that AC_SearchStrings.dat file is present at that file location here, maybe it is different under Vista. Maybe someone else here who uses eMule under Vista (or XP for that matter, just to be sure) can check it out too :unsure:

Just checked it out myself, I never thought to check it on my XP partition! (My PC dual boots Vista and XP).

As you rightly say, the Config folder and the AC_SearchStrings.dat file is present under Windows XP and CCleaner does correctly clear the eMule search history. However, under Windows Vista the situation is quite different as eMule does not install the same files and folders as under XP, that's obviously why it fails to clear eMule's search history on PC's running Vista. It looks like I have flagged up a little bug that ideally needs addressing!

Regards

Rob Mob