Ashmpoo 6 logs not cleaned.

Anthony A

There is a new winapp2.ini released and it has an entry for Ashampoo Burning Studio 6 logs. The entry shows up in CCleaner but the logs are not cleaned. They don't show up in the list of items to be cleaned either when I select "analyze". I am using Ashampoo 6.5 and there are logs in the location that is supposed to be cleaned.

Did you actually run Cleaner or Analyze?

The file path is wrong. It says:

%userprofile%\Application Data\Ashampoo\Ashampoo Burning Studio 6 Free\Logs|*.*

Whereas the file path on my computer is

%userprofile%\Application Data\Ashampoo\Ashampoo Burning Studio 6\Logs|*.*

Note no 'Free'.

• Moderators

Notice that path you have. In version 6.5 the application data folder is probably this:

Ashampoo\Ashampoo Burning Studio 6

Notice there's no FREE in the path name.

In version 6.6 FREE there is the name FREE in the path name, and it looks like this:

Ashampoo\Ashampoo Burning Studio 6 Free

That's why it isn't cleaning the logs.

Now if you want to have the logs cleaned up in your version 6.5 (actually I don't remember if it has logs or not) you can update the entry for Ashampoo Burning Studio 6 - not the new entry just added to winapp2.ini the old one for the non-free version of Burning Studio 6 to this (note that you'll have to check the path in FileKey1 as I have no ideal if it's correct):

[*Ashampoo Burning Studio 6]LangSecRef=3021Detect=HKCU\Software\ashampoo\Ashampoo Burning Studio 6Default=TrueRegKey1=HKCU\Software\ashampoo\Ashampoo Burning Studio 6\Burn Image Project\SelectImageRegKey2=HKCU\Software\ashampoo\Ashampoo Burning Studio 6\Data Disc Project\AddDialogRegKey3=HKCU\Software\ashampoo\Ashampoo Burning Studio 6\Unknown Project\AddDialogFileKey1=%userprofile%\Application Data\Ashampoo\Ashampoo Burning Studio 6\Logs|*.*