Recuva v1.11.257

MrG

• Admin

rclogo.gif

This latest build of Recuva adds file contents analysis. Which improves reliability and data retrieval options.

Recuva v1.11.257

• New file contents analysis.
  • Tweaks to secure delete feature.
  • Added filter by file type.
  • Added status icon to the list view.
  • Improved progress indication on large files.
  • Several performance improvements.
  • Minor tweaks and changes.

Download now from www.recuva.com

View the full blog post

Have not had a chance to test secure deletion on Vista yet, but just installed it and right off the bat it is not storing my horizontal setting in the INI file. Even if I edit the INI manually, as soon as I start and close Recuva, it sets the horizontal window size back to the default...

Is anyone actually testing this utility under Vista? Just installed the latest version. Ran in on D drive. Recovered a small text file just fine. Next I 'securely deleted' this same file. Undeleted it again and it was as legible as it was before secure deletion. My apologies in advance if I am missing the obvious here...

• Moderators

Can you confirm that the deleted file has not been overwritten and that you are recovering what it's been overwritten with? In this case the secure delete will say file deleted but still show the overwritten data.

It is absolutely the original file - including the 'untouched' file name. Strange thing is that last time I tried it, it indeed wiped 1 of the 3 files, but not the other 2. Strange indeed. However, even the file content that it wiped, it did not touch the file name.

No error messages whatsoever... Recuva just goes about it's business and leads me to believe the file has been erased. Strangest thing to me is that sometimes it works and sometimes it does not, as in the example above. However, when it does not erase a file, going back and trying again and again has no effect. The file is still fully recoverable and viewable.