CCleaner registry backups (removal)

rotorhead

There is the option to backup changes to the registry after doing a scan for issues , can a checkbox be added to the application menu in cleaner eg "Remove CCleaner registry Backups" once you are satisfied there are no problems

If you click on Options and the Advanced button there is a checkbox that says Show prompt to backup registry issues. If you remove the check mark then you won't be prompted any more. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

If you click on Options and the Advanced button there is a checkbox that says Show prompt to backup registry issues. If you remove the check mark then you won't be prompted any more. ;)

Thanks for your suggestion , however if you read the original post again , I was asking for the option to remove these registry backup files as a checkbox option once satisfied no problems have been encountered . I have done it in the past using custom files/folders but in some cases using this option may require you to keep them or discard them which then requires changing the custom files/folders to suit.

Thanks for your suggestion , however if you read the original post again , I was asking for the option to remove these registry backup files as a checkbox option once satisfied no problems have been encountered . I have done it in the past using custom files/folders but in some cases using this option may require you to keep them or discard them which then requires changing the custom files/folders to suit.

Well you will have to remove them yourself. You either want backups or not. If something crashes then do a System Restore, but it won't. ;)

Ok I've just had another look in CCleaner. If you click on Options and Include button you can add your reg files to the list so when it cleans it will delete them.

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Well you will have to remove them yourself. You either want backups or not. If something crashes then do a System Restore, but it won't. ;)

Ok I've just had another look in CCleaner. If you click on Options and Include button you can add your reg files to the list so when it cleans it will delete them.

if you reread my 2nd post I have said I have done this method by including files/folders for removal , but next time you do a registry scan and back this up you would have remove the reference to the files/folders for CCleaner backup in the "include" option until you are satisfied there is no side effect.

• Moderators

Deleting a few files now and again is hardly a bother: anyway, when would you know you don't want them anymore - you'd have to test every application. I thnk there are better ways to use development resources.

There is the option to backup changes to the registry after doing a scan for issues , can a checkbox be added to the application menu in cleaner eg "Remove CCleaner registry Backups" once you are satisfied there are no problems
Use a winapp2.ini entry

EDIT: I put 2 backups in C:\Program Files\CCleaner\Reg Backups and then ran CC with this added to the winapp2.ini

[*Delete CC Reg Backups]

LangSecRef=3021

Default=False

DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe

FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\CCleaner\Reg Backups|*.reg

and it seemed to work OK. Deleted 2 .reg files and ignored a .txt I put in there just to test.