Accidentally change options in Settings and Advanced Tabs

Jamin4u

When your cursor is to the right of the text in Settings and Advanced Tabs, you can move your cursor down highlighting and checking boxes.

This can result in changing options accidentally for those of us who like to click their mouse.

It is as it should be in the Cleaner Tab. Your cursor must be on the check box to select it.

Is this something that Mr G may want to look into for safety reasons?

CCleaner v2.05.555 - XP SP2 and Vista

CCleaner Rocks!!!

Jamin4u

Hi Hazel,

I have the latest v 02.05.555. It does as he indicates on my machine.WIN XP SP2.

This is in the Options > Settings and Options > Advanced .

Of course you must have the habit of clicking your mouse when you shouldn't.

:) davey

I cannot reproduce this on my system.

Hi hazelnut, I have seen this on four systems, XP and Vista.

Try This: In the settings tab- line your cursor up to the right of the word starts in the first option, and you should see that it is highlighted and you can left click to select it.

Hi Hazel,

I have the latest v 02.05.555. It does as he indicates on my machine.WIN XP SP2.

This is in the Options > Settings and Options > Advanced .

Of course you must have the habit of clicking your mouse when you shouldn't.

:) Davey

Hi davey, yes I have the habit of clicking my mouse when I shouldn't.

But I would be willing to bet, that I'm not the only one.

I accidentally unchecked: show prompt to backup registry issues.

• Moderators

It was the highlighted bit that got me Jamin4u :)

It doesn't highlight for me, but it does put a tick there if I click to the right on purpose. You must have an itchy mouse finger !!

Have reported this now.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

It was the highlighted bit that got me Jamin4u :)

It doesn't highlight for me, but it does put a tick there if I click to the right on purpose. You must have an itchy mouse finger !!

Have reported this now.

Thank you, and yes I do. Click, Click, Click!

Thank you, and yes I do. Click, Click, Click!

Yes it does Highlight the box but not the whole line.

Don't misunderstand my intention.When I first saw your post I wanted to thank you for bringing up an important item.Many people do click their mouse and this can result in them turning on or off a feature.I will bet this has happened to others.

The feature does make it quicker for those who just move the highlight up and down then click on the line.

This also does the same for the normal delete versus secure delete option.

Thanks Jamin4u for reporting this important item.Yes,CCleaner Rocks.

Yes it does Highlight the box but not the whole line.

Don't misunderstand my intention.When I first saw your post I wanted to thank you for bringing up an important item.Many people do click their mouse and this can result in them turning on or off a feature.I will bet this has happened to others.

The feature does make it quicker for those who just move the highlight up and down then click on the line.

This also does the same for the normal delete versus secure delete option.

Thanks Jamin4u for reporting this important item.Yes,CCleaner Rocks.

Hi davey, I didn't misunderstand you, nor was I offended. I realize that clicking like that can get you into trouble. That is how I stumbled onto this, by not being prompted to backup registry issues. If you are saying that this is a feature of CCleaner, then my reply would be that it is unnecessary and possibly risky for a dozen or so selections. I apologize for not being clear enough about it highlighting the box only, and not the whole line.

Thank you,

Jamin4u

No,I think it is best made that you "must" put your cursor on the box to be changed.

I have seen this feature in other programs also and did not like the fact the you could accidentally change something.Thanks again for reporting it.

No,I think it is best made that you "must" put your cursor on the box to be changed.

I have seen this feature in other programs also and did not like the fact the you could accidentally change something.Thanks again for reporting it.

Hi davey, thank you for clarifying your opinion on this topic. I have used CCleaner since the beginning. CCleaner is one of a handful of tools that have kept my computers running like new.

Jamin4u