Help with Word

ncearly

I am collecting email addresses on my site from customers. Willingly signing up for monthly email newsletters and such. My program saves the email address's in a notepad or wordpad file. When I open it the emails are alphabatized in line on the left. When I copy and paste to my email application it only paste the first email address in the list. I have a trial version of word on my pc to see if i can remove the spacing that is apparently coming up. Is there a way to do this because I havn't found it. I have tried find/replace using " " and "" does anyone have any ideas?

• Moderators

I don't know exactly what you mean, however if you're using Internet Explorer it does have some copy+paste bug. The same can even happen from say going from a text document opened in Notepad and attempting to copy+paste just plain text into an Microsoft Office document - whenever I'm wanting to copy+paste from a plain text document in Office I always do a double copy by pressing CTRL+C twice.

In Word, do you have Tools > Options > View > Formatting Marks > All enabled?

This will show the formatting symbols such as spaces, line breaks, etc. If one of those is causing the problem, you can use Edit > Replace > More > Replace > Special to select format symbols for replacement.

EDIT: Sorry, I missed the fact that your subtitle said Word 2007. The indicated path to those setting is for Word 2003 so may not be exactly the same for you.