nero not working.

englishmen

For some reason i am unable to use a nero version above 6.3.0.3 every time i try to write a disc it spits it out then does some other crap and just does that till i start throwing it around the house. I have tried every single version since 6.3.0.3 including the latest 6.6.0.13 but still the same crap, any ideas.

Still no luck with the 6.6.0.14 either, after a bit more research i now belive it may well be that I need a firmware upgrade for my drive. One problem tho with my fricking luck the site official firmware download page is not working :angry:. Thanks for the help anyway Tarun.

Firmware actually sounds logical. Dj knows I had problems with some cd's burning too. I went to my manufacturer's website and was able to get the firmware upgrade. It was very easy to install and apply.

Nope. I don't have that drive.

If the 'upgrade' button isn't lit up (choose the drive from the drop-down at the top) then it ain't right.

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

• Moderators
Can you try the link below, it is a direct to the firmware upgrade but I keep getting errors.

The URL doesn't work, however this will

1. Goto the site directory containing the file here:

http://www.pikaone.com/download/drivers/Dvd_rw_interne/

2. Then right click the file and save as, worked for me.

The URL doesn't work, however this will

1. Goto the site directory containing the file here:

http://www.pikaone.com/download/drivers/Dvd_rw_interne/

2. Then right click the file and save as, worked for me.

Thanks Andavari how do you get it so you can see a site in the directory mode.

Also the flash button is not accessible(see screenshot)and it does not list and disc drives in the drop down box. One more thing does anyone know of any app that will tell me the name of the manufacturer of my disc drive and serial etc?

• Moderators

"how do you get it so you can see a site in the directory mode."

By typing in only the directory name, I simply removed the .exe file from the URL you provided to see what was in the directory.

The only reason you can see the directory listing is because that's the way the site is designed, not all websites work that way and actively hide directory contents. If there had been an index.htm or index.html file it wouldn't have worked.

If the flash update won't work it can only mean that the upgrade is not for your particular drive, e.g.; the wrong firmware won't work with the wrong drive it's to insure you don't destroy your drive.

"how do you get it so you can see a site in the directory mode."

By typing in only the directory name, I simply removed the .exe file from the URL you provided to see what was in the directory.

The only reason you can see the directory listing is because that's the way the site is designed, not all websites work that way and actively hide directory contents. If there had been an index.htm or index.html file it wouldn't have worked.

If the flash update won't work it can only mean that the upgrade is not for your particular drive, e.g.; the wrong firmware won't work with the wrong drive it's to insure you don't destroy your drive.

"The wrong firmware won't work with the wrong drive it's to insure you don't destroy your drive." I suppose that is a good thing but I bought http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B...5Fencoding=UTF8 and the firmware upgrade which you help me get matches it so why it is not working I do not know.