Erases Windows Defender Last Scan History

ColTom2

Hi:

This version of CCleaner, as well as previous versions, erases all Windows Defender scan history if you leave the check applicable it in the Applications Tab.

If you run CCleaner with the check applicable Windows Defender when you open Windwos Defender it will say under "Last scan: Not available". Remove the check and it will provide last scan history.

It has been this way for a long while and I was hoping that someone had reported it and Piriform had fixed it; however, that is not the case as this problem still exists.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi:

This problem of deleting Windows Defender scan history still exists after installation of new version 2.05.555.

Sorta makes one wonder if anyone from Piriform reads these postings for this problem to exist for such a long time....

• 2 weeks later...
Hi:

This problem of deleting Windows Defender scan history still exists after installation of new version 2.05.555.

Sorta makes one wonder if anyone from Piriform reads these postings for this problem to exist for such a long time....

Just curious - does it also erase Windows Defender Scan History so WD doesn't think a scan has been run and flags the icon with a yellow slash? I have been having this problem on one of my home pc's but not on the other. Windows Defender is checked in Applications on both. This was about to drive me nuts - I scanned WD only to come back later (after running CC) to find that no scan history existed for WD - and the message "it has been more than 10 days since a scan was run" - with the yellow flagged icon in taskbar.

Hi:

Hello ColTom2,

I don't think we have a CCleaner bug here.

What we have is a timing conflict.

When you run your Windows Defender scan versus when you run CCleaner is causing your situation.

As you have reported in previous posts,you have to turn off the option to clean Windows Defender so that you can review the latest scan results.

You either have to change your Windows Defender scan schedule or the CCleaner schedule or leave the option off anf turn it on on once in a while run a CCleaner then turn it back off.

This is the only solution I can see for your situation.

Best Wishes,

:) davey

Just curious - does it also erase Windows Defender Scan History so WD doesn't think a scan has been run and flags the icon with a yellow slash? I have been having this problem on one of my home pc's but not on the other. Windows Defender is checked in Applications on both. This was about to drive me nuts - I scanned WD only to come back later (after running CC) to find that no scan history existed for WD - and the message "it has been more than 10 days since a scan was run" - with the yellow flagged icon in taskbar.

Hello JohnBurns,

I think your solution is the same as ColTom2 as in the immediate prior post in this thread.

Best Wishes,

:) davey

• 6 months later...

I am soooo glad Google took me here. I've been going nuts with that you have not scanned your computer in XX days when I scan every day.

Now I have to go and fix all of my CCleaner installs.

edit: Nope didn't work for me. :(