Another update on the MS updates!

slowday444

If you'll notice, people who were visiting the usual Windows Update site got v5; the only people who got v6 are the people who visited the new domain that me and Tarun talked about.. I believe that v6 wasn't fully public until now. Maybe I'm wrong. I dunno. But it seems all the kinks were worked out.

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

They are upgrading it to support future operating systems, and better support current ones. It makes it easier for them not only for managing the back-end, but the front-end (the part the user sees)

v4 and below was Win9x, v5 was XP, and v6 is XP+.

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

v6 -- v5 will be phased out and redirect you to v6 in the near future. might as well get used to v6 now.

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

If you've already visited and used v6 (http://update.microsoft.com) then v5 (http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com) will redirect you to v6 from then on.

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

Bump -- realized two more new things about v6:

* The main reason they came out with v6 is Microsoft Office update integration - now Windows Update can send you Office Updates (this was glanced upon before, but not explicitly stated)

* Apparently the ActiveX control now has the ability to disable the ability to uncheck certain seriously critical items when the modal window comes up about new updates (such as Windows installer 3.1... the checkmark was grayed out and I couldn't disable it even if I wanted to)

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips