AVG not updating

xbrianx

I haven't been able to update my free AVG Anti-Spyware due to similar things like "Error: Failed to send receive data: 0". It has been like this since 12/3/07, with no updates. It's getting really irritating, considering almost everyday while I'm away from the computer doing things around the house, I run an AVG scan after I update everyday. I Googled for similar problems and most people said that it started working again. I also found on the "wildersecurity" forums that AVG Anti-Spyware may be "neglected" because a new AVG8 suite is coming out, with everything.

Anyone else having this problem?

• Moderators

David I think you may be talking about the AVG free anti virus whereas xbrianx is talking about AVG anti spyware.

It may be an idea to post on the Ewido forum (as it is still known there) as one of the Grisoft staff calls in each day)

I don't think that the imminent arrival of a new suite should be the reason for your update failures.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Ahh, I see, I just use the one at Wilders as I also have AVG-AS (paid)

You do know that AVG-AS does not recieve automatic updates? You have to do them manually.

Only the paid version does that, also you get them for about a month when you first install it, then it reverts to the free version.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Ahh, I see, I just use the one at Wilders as I also have AVG-AS (paid)

You do know that AVG-AS does not recieve automatic updates? You have to do them manually.

Only the paid version does that, also you get them for about a month when you first install it, then it reverts to the free version.

Thanks David and Hazelnut. Big_Al moved my thread to the right section and asked if I tried manually updating and if my 30 day trial has run out. It has been off of the 30 day trial for months now and I've been manual updating for a long time. I just downloaded the "last 2-3 day signatures" and installed them twice, but it still says I haven't updated since 12/3/07. :angry:

I got some problems updating my AVG sometimes because I think there server is too busy with a lot of people using AVG anti virus. What I usually do is that I try to update at time where server is not busy anymore just try it from time to time.