CCleaner Community Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bavaria

Need help with Zone Alarm

He wrote that program himself. It still impresses the hell out of me too.

Look here for more info:

http://forum.CCleaner.com/index.php?showtopic=1087&hl=

Did we fix your problem?

For the moment ,i need the internet, so i didnt disconnect! :) If is not working ,i will ask again for help! :)

Tarun, thx again for help!

Can you tell me how it works, hijack this?Just basics!I am not good with computers,but i want to learn! :)

I installed again ZA.Same problem :(

If i shutdown ZA, still not working.I uninstalled ZA,restart the computer,internet ok,disconnected for 10 min,connect back on internet ok. :unsure:

What could be the reason, that the internet connection is ok ,but cannot open any page on internet?

Any ideas, how can i fix the problem?

Thx!

ZoneAlarm Pro any version has always killed my dial-up connection with my current ISP, I don't know if it's an advanced Pro only feature that does it. The free version has never caused connection problems.

When I had connection problems a few years ago and called my ISP one of the first things they asked was "Are you using ZoneAlarm Pro."

What version are you trying to use at the moment, free or pro?

Could you open up zonealarm, then click program control on the left hand side, click the programs tab top right, you will now see what is being allowed or disallowed to the internet.

Could you print screen this and post it in here, so we can see it? Or just tell us if that is easier.

ZoneAlarm (Free and Pro) both make pages take forever to load on dialup. Outpost Pro doesn't do that. ;) Perhaps the ISP times out because of that.

What version are you trying to use at the moment, free or pro?

Could you open up zonealarm, then click program control on the left hand side, click the programs tab top right, you will now see what is being allowed or disallowed to the internet.

Could you print screen this and post it in here, so we can see it? Or just tell us if that is easier.

Free version.I

All the programs are on green.I did this just to check.Not working.

post-1837-1118609831_thumb.jpg

post-1837-1118609831_thumb.jpg

What do you mean all programs are on green bavaria? they should have a tick or a cross or a question mark next to them in the access column.

Check the picture pls!

Sorry, was that pic there before?

It is not program access that is a problem then. You are actually allowing to much access.

Change all the ticks to crosses under the server column, it wont help the problem but needs to be done.

Sorry, was that pic there before?

It is not program access that is a problem then. You are actually allowing to much access.

No, i just edit the post! :)

I know ,i changed all ,just to see if is working.But is not! :(

What browser are you using?

Is it internet explorer? If it is, have you kept your computer up to date using windows update?

I am just thinking it could be a conflict between zonealarm and an outdated version of IE.

Have you tried using a different browser such as Firefox?

What browser are you using?

Is it internet explorer? If it is, have you kept your computer up to date using windows update?

I am just thinking it could be a conflict between zonealarm and an outdated version of IE.

Have you tried using a different browser such as Firefox?

Is updated.Internet Explorer.Never used Firefox.

What about giving Firefox a try anyway, it is a much more secure browser anyway, due to the fact that most malware is designed to exploit security flaws in IE.

You never know it might just cure your problem.

What about giving Firefox a try anyway, it is a much more secure browser anyway, due to the fact that most malware is designed to exploit security flaws in IE.

You never know it might just cure your problem.

I just find a fix! :)

If i shutdown the ZA ,before i disconnect the internet, is ok.I can connect again on the internet and after this ,restart ZA.