CCleaner Community Forums
Sign in to follow this  
andrewsheldon

Feature request: New Features

Can you try implementing the following features:

1. Defrag the MFT (Master File Table)

2. Command line running of specific drive e.g. (defraggler.exe /drive:c)

3. Scheduling (Hate Windows Task Scheduler)

4. Status monitor and control direct from the Task Tray Icon

5. On Reboot defrag to take advantage of other defrag methods like Free space fragmentation & Related file fragmentation

6. Remote computer defrag

If I think of anymore then I will edit this post at a later date..

Keep up the good work!!

I'm with the tray icon. I'd rather it sit in the tray and do it's work than cluttering up my taskbar.

I'm sure you guys will do what's best. Piriform devs definitely have a solid grasp of software design.

When Defraggler has been run once, if you click on the "Analyze" button, the following popup window opens: "Do you want to re-analyze this drive? Yes/No."

This is an annoyance, and it would be better to not have it.

I guess my thinking is that this would be a yes since I clicked on the button. Additionally, even if it does it without a warning, no harm would come.

Just my 2 cents for a suggestion.

Thanks.

A couple suggestions, or thoughts:

-I say that there should be an option of tray or not. If it's a quick Defrag, I don't want another icon in my tray. If it's a massive defrag, having it out of the taskbar would be great.

-Maybe the option to defrag on screensaver, like JKDefrag? It's a nice function.....but I like Piriform too much to use another program! So if Defraggler had that option, it would make me love it even more.

-Doesn't it check for updates on it's own? I don't want to have to go to a web page every time to see if I have the latest version. I just want it to tell me when the new version comes out, and THEN take me to a web page to download it.

-The "Do you want to re-analyze this drive?" prompt does seem a little unneeded...but it's just minor.

-Scheduling would be awesome.

EDIT: I just saw that there was a pinned topic like this, so I may have goofed....

I like the idea of registry defragmentation a lot.

The combination of RegSeeker and NTREGOPT would be hard to beat.

Be careful with RegSeeker though, it did some serious damage to my Vista running laptop every time I ran it. I could only come up with two ways to fix it, use the repair feature, which wasn't on the backup disk that came with my laptop, or reinstall Vista. I have not had any serious problems on my XP desktop though, except for one program, which I can just repair/reinstall easily enough.

Very important feature for very long running defragmentations: Automatic shutdown once the defragmentation is complete. And in conjunction with that one might want to have a logfile to see what has happened.

Very important feature for very long running defragmentations: Automatic shutdown once the defragmentation is complete. And in conjunction with that one might want to have a logfile to see what has happened.

Support.

Could potentially be an interesting data point to be able to sort by when looking at the list of files: KB per fragment. Those with many fragments and small file sizes have smaller KB/fragment and potentially would be desirable to defragment. At least they'll lower the number of fragments in less amount of time (because files are smaller).

When Defraggler is working on the whole drive or a list of files, it could potentially show the number of fragments as well as how big the file is in addition to the current file being processed.

Can you try implementing the following features:

1. Defrag the MFT (Master File Table)

2. Command line running of specific drive e.g. (defraggler.exe /drive:c)

3. Scheduling (Hate Windows Task Scheduler)

4. Status monitor and control direct from the Task Tray Icon

5. On Reboot defrag to take advantage of other defrag methods like Free space fragmentation & Related file fragmentation

6. Remote computer defrag

If I think of anymore then I will edit this post at a later date..

Keep up the good work!!

Command line defrag already exists: under the program folder, type df c:\

Scheduling it to do the job on reboot, yes that would be a nice addition.

Some more advanced features would be welcome:

-defrag to last part of drive (for the whole bunch or some files)(the outer layers of the HD are the fastest, very handy for working with video or other hd-intensive tasks))

-ofcourse also the (default) choice for putting all data at the beginning of the partition

-maybe also in the middle?

-wildcards for file defragmentation (such as defrag *.avi)

-option for defragmentation on reboot so that system files aren't locked