How can I run CCleaner on my D: drive?

jkingqm

it designed to clean trash files or undesirables on the main drive.

Unless your OS in installed on D, theres no reason it should go to D to clean things its designed to clean.

It's not mean't to be a forensic cleaner or deleter.. only to know "where" to go to get all the little hidden history files and registry entries and the like that most people don't know how or where to find them.

There are many good progs to delete things... you might check out this one.... Eraser v5.82 r2 Portable or even this one that can also restore..... Restoration and Deleter v2.5.14 Portable

• Moderators

It is possible to delete specific files and folders from other drives. Just add them to the custom files to be deleted (by using browse) and off to oblivion they go.

Rgds.

My operating system IS installed on the D drive! For some reason, my son partitioned this computer when we got it, and the operating system is on D. I have been trying to figure out for ever how to get CC to look there.

That does sound like a deliema.... humm..... Most AV softwares and the like scan whatever drive you choose, it seems CC does not give you a choice.. if you chose the whole drive the "ok" button will not come on... only when you choose a "directory"....... That does defeat the purpose for those with the OS on D drive..... if you changed the drive letter designation, it would not work either because the registry is already written to find everything on D....

Unless I'm missing something it seems you will have to use another software unless they are willing to allow scan of whole drives be election.

What are you trying to clean on your D drive? Do you have an OS on D? Did you change the location of temporary / cache folders to D?

I thought I ran Recuva on my D: drive and saw a bunch of garbage I wanted to just clean off. I just reran it but didn't see anything now.

I thought I ran Recuva on my D: drive and saw a bunch of garbage I wanted to just clean off. I just reran it but didn't see anything now.

CCleaner is designed to clean specific files and file folders. If, for security reasons, you want to wipe previously deleted files, use a freespace wiper such as Eraser