Your computer temperature?

CeeCee

Mine currently: System: 91?F, CPU: 114?F

Temp. outside is 45?F

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

• Moderators
Come on guys, more answers please... :unsure:

I wish I knew what my PC temp was, and have wanted to know for some time. This is my second Dell PC and neither one reports the temp back to software such as HD Tune, etc.

Although I wish it really was at 0c degrees that most system diagnostic software reports. :lol:

I suppose a temp testing hardware device could do the job, but I doubt it would really be worth the expense because if the PC melts into a plastic blob I'll just get another one with even better specifications (minus Vista of course).

• Moderators

CeeCee, I've spent more time on this than any other post recently. arracher-cheveux.gif

I'm sick of trying to find the "degree" symbol on my keyboard without having to launch the Character Map.

No doubt someone will show me where it is, probably right under my nose.

Anyway.... CPU: 35?C, System: 31?C, HD: 35?C.

Outside Temp: Last night when I started this answer.. -3?C. Tonight 3?C.

:)

• Moderators
-Just copy and paste from earlier message. ;)I don't know how to get it either.

-You got pretty cool PC.

:lol: I had to use this: Start > All programs > Accessories > System Tools > Character map. (For those that don't know. Which was me until I googled it.)

i25_CharacterMap.jpg

Pc's running really well. Hope it stays that way.

Here's my info for your thesis CeeCee,

My DELL DIMENSION 2400

Purchased March,2004

Using SIW SENSORS

Apparently no other sensors Re your discussion about how long ago did PC come with or witout

sensors.

Property Value

HDD Temperature (ST380011A) 22 ?C (72 ?F)

Room Temp 70 F

No apps run in awhile

Outside Temp 28 F

I tried a white lab coat,mask and latex gloves.I even told my PC "I am from the government and I am here to help you!". But the moment I pulled out that rectal thermometer, I got a "Blue Screen" then my PC shut down. It refused to BOOT until I removed the gear and apologized for terrifying it by saying I was from the government. :o:blink::angry:

What! You still want more. What are you using this data for?

Currently just browsing the internet.

Speedfan core temperature CPU 48?C, GPU 61?C, HDD 36?C

Case ambient temperature CPU 36?C, GPU 38?C, HDD 32?C

Outside temp 25?C.

Perhaps comp needs a little cleaning, but this is the tropic, what do you expect.

HDD Temperature (ST380011A) 22 ?C (72 ?F)

I got the same Seagate hard drive (+ 2 newer sata drives). That drive has worked fine for me over 3 years. My HDD temps are about 30-33?C. Your HDD runs very, very cool.

What! You still want more. What are you using this data for?

I'm not using it for anything. I'm just interested. Not everyone pay enough attention to their PC ventilation, even though it's very important for stable and healthy computing to have a cool system.

For good ventilation and airflow, it's recommened to have 2 case fans; 1 on the front to suck cool air IN and 1 on back of the case to blow warm air OUT. Demonstration. Also recommened to change your old, flat ribbon cables to round cables for better airfow.

That's a new one on me CeeCee, I didn't know round cables existed. They look expensive.

They are not. They are very inexpensive. I bought my Thermaltake IDE-cables for 6 euros each and floppy cable for 2 euros.

http://tienda.ndd.com.mx/images/thermaltake_a2049.JPG

Here's a better link to those Thermaltake cables: http://thermaltakeusa.com/2005/accessories.../RoundCable.htm

-Compliant to all current standards(ATA66/100/133) and backward compatible with Ultra 33

-Coated with a flexible PVC pipe for added shielding and wiring protection

-Minimal clutter inside the case and better air flow to efficiently cool

-Pull tab at each connector for easy installation

-Allows for easy cable management

-150 M Byte/s maximum transfer rate

edit: Of course there's no need to change cables for your SATA drives, since they already got slim cables.

Latest reading

Property Value

HDD Temperature (ST380011A) 26 ?C (79 ?F)

Property Value

HDD Temperature (ST380011A) 29 ?C (84 ?F) DURING A DEFRAG AND DISK OPTIMIZATION

12/20/2007 06;45 EST USA