IE 6 won't open certain web pages

knightx

Hi there!

I hope i'll get some help with this. I'm running IE version 6.00.2900.2180 and can't open certain web pages. IE crashes with no ''Error Messages''. I did all the microsoft updates and run AD-Aware and also have Norton Anti-Virus running on my pc and didn't detect any critical viruses.

I downloaded FireFox and see if i could view certain web pages with this different web browser and it still crashes!

I can't find any solution to my problem...

Really need your help!

• Moderators

what kind of pages are you trying to open? Also are you on dial up or broadband? Try running other anti spyware tools like spybot search and destroy or Microsoft anispyware beta (win xp only)

Can you give details as to the error?

Well when i try opening let's say for example yahoo game page and select a web based game i click on the link the page seems to be uploading and then for no apparent reason it crashes and disapears!

I don't get an error message, it just crashes and the web page closes itself.

I`ve also run other spyware and no critical viruses were found...

Well when i try opening let's say for example yahoo game page and select a web based game i click on the link the page seems to be uploading and then for no apparent reason it crashes and disapears!

I don't get an error message, it just crashes and the web page closes itself.

I`ve also run other spyware and no critical viruses were found...

Are those the only pages that it occurs?

I recommend looking at this site.

Yeah... we've already told you before Eldmannen, stop suggesting alternatives that don't fix the actual problem at hand. Please let the professionals take care of things.

knightx, you may need to trash all of the Yahoo plugins.

Do this:

Start, Run...

"Downloaded Program Files"

(type that INCLUDING the quotes)

When the Window appears, make sure it is in Details mode (View > Details, or right click in the empty white area, View > Details)

Click on the 'Status' header so things are sorted by Status. Find all of the objects that say 'Damaged' and highlight them all, and press DEL on your keyboard. Answer 'yes' or 'ok' to every question (some will error but disappear anyway, it's no big deal, not to worry). Take a look at all of the rest of the objects -- if you see several Yahoo ones, it is safe (and probably a good idea) to remove them. They will simply ask permission to reinstall when you re-visit the Yahoo pages or re-use whatever associated Yahoo software.

If all of that fails, try reinstalling Flash.

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)