SideBySide Errors in System Events

SiberLynx

Hi Guys,

{XP Pro, SP2; CCleaner v2.03.532}

First I must say that I did not install any new Software since update to the latest CCleaner.

Recently I visited Event Viewer (System part) and found a set of SideBySide Error events (see below in P.S.).

Interestingly enough when analysing the log I discovered that it may occur only once in a current session (from current computer Restart to the next one).

It is worth to make a note that I don?t see any ill effects. The computer is working fine.

But there are no other Error Events other than mentioned sets.

To make the story short?:

According to descriptions found "out there" the error caused by conflicts, where C++ Redistribution RunTime Libray involved.

MS advises to reinstall it. Done?. to no avail.

I was monitoring every program I start every button I click to find out the ?mystery moment" of SideBySide error set appears.

And I found it:

The very first start of CCleaner in current session! 100%

Just first run ? GUI appears ? SideBySide errors are in the System Event log.

Any subsequent call and run of CCleaner will not produce those errors any more within a current session.

Needless to say that I did check all (well?practically), lets say, a lot of other programs when monitoring System Event Viewer.

Am I alone here with this phenomenon?

Thanks in advance for any information

My regards

P.S.

From System Evants Error Log:

=======

7/12/2007 7:52:15 PM SideBySide Error None 59 N/A XP-PRO-BOX Generate Activation Context failed for C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.VC80.MFC_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.163_x-ww_39049d00\MFC80U.DLL. Reference error message: The operation completed successfully.

7/12/2007 7:52:15 PM SideBySide Error None 59 N/A XP-PRO-BOX Resolve Partial Assembly failed for Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC. Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

7/12/2007 7:52:15 PM SideBySide Error None 32 N/A XP-PRO-BOX Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC could not be found and Last Error was The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

7/12/2007 7:52:15 PM SideBySide Error None 59 N/A XP-PRO-BOX Generate Activation Context failed for C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.VC80.MFC_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.163_x-ww_39049d00\MFC80U.DLL. Reference error message: The operation completed successfully.

7/12/2007 7:52:15 PM SideBySide Error None 59 N/A XP-PRO-BOX Resolve Partial Assembly failed for Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC. Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

7/12/2007 7:52:15 PM SideBySide Error None 32 N/A XP-PRO-BOX Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC could not be found and Last Error was The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

=======

I was getting SideBySide event errors listed with another application OSHE (Online Solutions Hosts Editor) as well

http://www.online-solutions.ru/en/oshe_hosts_editor.php

I installed the C++ Redistribution RunTime Libray twice as there was some problem with permissions that I could not figure out but after the second install and reboot the SideBySide event errors do not appear.

This is on a WinXP Pro system as well.

By the way, I like Event Log Explorer as it is an effective software solution for viewing, monitoring and analyzing events recorded in Security, System, Application and another logs of Microsoft Windows NT/2000/XP/2003 operating systems.

http://www.eventlogxp.com

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

...I installed the C++ Redistribution RunTime Libray twice as there was some problem with permissions that I could not figure out but after the second install and reboot the SideBySide event errors do not appear.
Hi YoKenny,

Thanks for responding quickly.

That is rather interesting info about second reinstall. It is not a problem for me to try.

At the same time what I noticed now in Add/Remove that after my reinstallation I have 2 entries for

MS Visual C++ 2005 Redist.

1) version 8.0.56336 ; size 5.12MB

2) version 8.0.50727.42 ; size 4.48MB

:unsure:

Can you tell me please, what do you have there ?

Do you think, I need to uninstall both and then reinstall the one from

or just reinstall this one again as you suggest and leave another alone?

Thanks in advance

My regards

p.s.

ohh! forgot.... and thanks for the Event Log Explorer link.

I'll have a look

Cheers :)

Hi YoKenny and Guys,

It seems to me like I mislead myself and you.

I reinstall VC++ 2005 Redistributable again.

This time after restart I fired CCleaner from shortcut. There were no SideBySide Errors.

Usually (rather always) I was starting it from Shell Extension menu of Recycle Bin.

So I right-clicked RB... and... Hmm... this time I caught that Errors appeared in System Event Log immediately even before I choose Run Cleaner from menu.

In order to be sure - I Unchecked RB integration with CCleaner in Options. Restarted.

{Edited 11/12/07}

Now I can confirm that it is just very first Right-Click on Recycle Bin, any Desktop Icon, any Item in opened Windows Explorer causes the SideBySide Errors.

All subsequent Right-clicks in mentioned areas will not create Errors.

It may be some MS recent updates broke something. Needto find appropriate MS Forum or newsgroup to report this {end of Edit}

I don't know why yet, but CClenar is not the one to blame...

I have to apologize.

If the Moderator will find that the request has to be removed , please do so.

Otherwise, this "panic case" may stay just for the history and I will report here when and if I find out anything concerning the matter

My kind regards

SiberLynx

Hi all,

First, my apology again for mistakenly accusing CCleaner.

Just leaving as a history note what worked for me and eventually eliminated the appearence of the Error as described above.

At the same time what I noticed now in Add/Remove that after my reinstallation I have 2 entries for

1) version 8.0.56336 ; size 5.12MB

2) version 8.0.50727.42 ; size 4.48MB

Just reinstallation of rdeistributable and resturting as suggested did not work.

So I

- uninstall both mentioned versions;

- Cleaned up the Registry with CCleaner :) ;

- Restarted;

- Installed Redistr. thing downloaded from MS Visual C++ 2005 Redist.

- Restarted (important ! it's not described by MS)

After that I have version 8.0.50727.42 ; size 4.48MB only and no SideBySide Errors any more :D

The last thing to find just out of curiosity - where & when that 8.0.56336 came from?

I hope that this info will be helpful for some "SideBySide-sufferers"

My regards