Bug with Version 2.02 and 2.03

scapin

I have installed version 2.02, the program file deletion doesn'nt work, the cookies appears after deletetion, with the new version 2.03, its the same. I get back to 2.01 version.

On different forums, it appears other people have same problem, with windows xp familial configuration.

I need help, because I do not understand why version 2.01 works perfectly and not the uptade release 2.03. It seems that the new version works with windows xp pro and Vista.

thanks for your help

Hi everyone,

I'm stuck with the same problem as Scapin.

Since switching to version 5.27 and 5.32, my cookies are no longer deleted.

I'm under Windows xp family+SP2.

On my second computer,Windows xp Pro, I don't have any problem whatsoever with the cookies.

This problem is being discussed actually on different Forums but it would appear that only a few lucky ones are struck by it.Hope that Piriform will come up with a miracle solution pretty soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

I already gave my system specs,i.e, Windows XP family+SP2.The browser I use is Internet 7.

When I scan my system with C cleaner, it keeps scanning almost endlessly and after a while, it comes up with the same cookies to be deleted.

Here's a screenshot of my C Cleaner interface,that I just scanned 5 times.The cookies you can see on the left pane are exaclly the same I had before the five- time scan.None of them have been deleted.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you.

_rad4EB1B.jpg

hi Babac,

Can you post one of your non-deletable cookies to be analyzed by CCleaner developers?

If you are talking about Internet Explorer's cookies, they are normally kept on this folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Cookies

Also, can you run CCleaner and verify if cookie files were deleted from this folder?

If you are using Firefox make sure that the option "Cookies" for Firefox/Mozilla is also checked...you might have those cookies showing up in the "Cookies a Effacer" because they might be Firefox's cookies...

Hi,

I have been using every CCleaner since the beginning of the program and installed it to more than 50 PCs.

It is the first program that I use when a slow PC comes to me for maintenance and I am absolutely satisfied with this program.

Trust me gentlemen, whatever you have changed on the cookie deletion side of the program after 2.01.507, it does not delete any cookies at all in my XP pro SP2s and Vista Ultimate.

BTW.

Personally I use two XP Pro SP2s and a Vista Ultimate on three different notebooks.

The two XP Pro SP2s are similarly configured with all recent updates..

Note :

Even if cookies folder put in the "Include" deletion folder, they are not deleted.

On the other hand, AWC's AWCtool Cookie Manager or Privacy Sweep deletes them.

They can also be deleted manually.

Personally I have turned back to version 2.01.507, because I use the program so often.

I hope this bug is solved.

Can anyone please upload/email me a cookie file (.txt) that can't be deleted by CCleaner?

Many Thanks

Hi Mr Fix-it!

Here I am with a few screenshots ,the purpose of which being to illustrate the cookies problem with C Cleaner.I wrote in red an English translation of the basic titles, if this may help.

The 1st one shows the remaining cookies after having launched C Cleaner quite a few times.

_rad24AFA.jpg

The second one shows what C Cleaner claims it has deleted.

_radE1AD7.jpg

The 3rd one shows what C Cleaner claims it has left.

_rad765A3.jpg

Thank you for your snapshots and help.

From what I understood, cookies are really being deleted from your machine, but the 'Cookies to be deleted" screen is not refreshing properly.

I would be more concerned as of now if the files (cookie files) were still present in the cookies folder, but as you can see for yourself, you can not find any of the deleted cookies in the folder "C:\Documents and Settings\Proprietaire\Cookies"; you can only find in there those that you want to keep, for example all IngDirect.

So, CCleaner is properly deleting cookie files from your disk; the issue is why it is not refreshing the "Cookies to be Deleted" screen.

We will investigate the problem.

I would recommend that you run the "Delete cookies" tool that comes with Internet Explorer. For IE 7, Go to the menu Tools->Internet Options->Delete->Delete Cookies; Be aware that this will remove ALL your cookies including those you want to keep, but it will force the cookie folders to be synched up with IE's cookie cache list.

Thank you for your snapshots and help.

From what I understood, cookies are really being deleted from your machine, but the 'Cookies to be deleted" screen is not refreshing properly.

Hi Htome,

No it's not quite right.You should say ''most of the cookies'' are deleted by C Cleaner.

As you can see from my 1st screenshot, there are 10 cookies left after C Cleaner cookies scanning and deletion.

Thank you very much for your concern.

Hi Htome,

No it's not quite right.You should say ''most of the cookies'' are deleted by C Cleaner.

As you can see from my 1st screenshot, there are 10 cookies left after C Cleaner cookies scanning and deletion.

Thank you very much for your concern.

Please, take a look at your 3rd screenshot and check the "Cookies to Keep" list. The cookies left in the folder are those that you wanted to keep. If you also want them to be delete you have to move the entries from "Cookies to Keep" to "Cookies to Delete".

Please, take a look at your 3rd screenshot and check the "Cookies to Keep" list. The cookies left in the folder are those that you wanted to keep. If you also want them to be delete you have to move the entries from "Cookies to Keep" to "Cookies to Delete".

Good evening

In my case, I never kept cookies non delete, (right panel is empty), I delete my cookies with version 2.01 and can't delete them with 2.02 and 2.03. I do not use CCleaner like Babac and we have the same problem ?

And please read the post 7 of enoskype, its a very important post. You must be able to analyze, whith enoskype what's wrong with xp pro and vista and may be you will be on the way to fixe the bug. You can check all corrections since version 2.02525, if I'm right this version have the bug

First we think that the bug appears for windows xp sp2 familial

Now with the post 7, it seems windows xp pro and vista have the bug

Thank you for your help

Now with the post 7, it seems windows xp pro and vista have the bug
CCleaner cleans out the cookies I don't want on both my WinXP Home and Pro systems and I use WinPatrol to view if the cookies are gone and they are not there.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

CCleaner cleans out the cookies I don't want on both my WinXP Home and Pro systems and I use WinPatrol to view if the cookies are gone and they are not there.

I know, it's not a general bug, this is the problem. It will be more easy for Piriform to fixe it.

Many users : windows xp home, pro, and vista have not the bug.

It's very difficult for "The Official bug fixer" to recreating and fixing the bug

Hi htome,

This information may be helpful to you.

Check that if it is anything to do with the unicode.

It may be because of the non-unicode characters or non-English characters used in the user names in the cookies.

My user name includes non-unicode characters and I have this in all three pcs .

In Babac's case, user name also includes a non_English character

I have used a different name than mine in one of the XP Pros and the cookies are deleted!!!!!!!!!

If you have changed anything to do with this in CCleaner after 2.01.507, it may be the cause.

The similar area to look for may be, if the people with problems are using different "Language for non-Unicode programs" in the "Advanced" section of "Regional and Language Options" of Control Panel.

Cheers.

Hi Htome,

Yes,you're right,that has skipped my mind.However,in the ''Cookies to keep,''I have 11 entries while there are only 10 in Documents & Settings.

Thank you.

Hi htome,

This information may be helpful to you.

Check that if it is anything to do with the unicode.

It may be because of the non-unicode characters or non-English characters used in the user names in the cookies.

My user name includes non-unicode characters and I have this in all three pcs .

In Babac's case, user name also includes a non_English character

I have used a different name than mine in one of the XP Pros and the cookies are deleted!!!!!!!!!

If you have changed anything to do with this in CCleaner after 2.01.507, it may be the cause.

The similar area to look for may be, if the people with problems are using different "Language for non-Unicode programs" in the "Advanced" section of "Regional and Language Options" of Control Panel.

Cheers.

Hello,

In my PC, for non-unicode programs, in the advanced section of "regional Language" parameter is French (France) by default, because I have never change this parameter. And to be honest, it's the first time I hear of this parameter, I must confess my ignorance of informatic. That's not my field. However, my version 2.01.507 works correctly. Thank you

Hi Enoskype,

Which one are you talking about?I fail to see it.

Thank you.

Hi Babac,

"?" in Propri?taire such as "propri?taire@disnat[1].txt" or "propri?taire@entre-aide[2].txt"

Hi scapin,

That's what I mean, and I do use a different non-unicode language there in my case. Most probably Babac is using French there too.

Non deletion cookies problem didn't exist in version 2.01.507, so, I reverted back to it and I will continue to use that version untill the bug is eliminated,

Thanks.

Hi Babac,

That's what I mean, and I do use a different non-unicode language there in my case. Most probably Babac is using French there too.

Hi Enoskype

Yes ,I'm using French but unlike Scapin, I use French (Canada).

I always used that as far as I can go in my memories and I did not have these problems with C Cleaner before the latest two updates.

Thank you for your interest.

I am new to this forum, joined mostly to add anything that might help with the bug in ver. 2.03.

Through ver. 2.01507, everything was running well, cookie deletion (using both Forefox and IE) worked very well. Have used CCleaner for about two years now and up to Version 2.01.507, no problems. I did upgrade a few days ago to ver. 2.03 and ever since then, the cookies would not delete. I understand the cookies to be deleted need to be in the left box, those moved to the right will be kept.

I am running three pc's, two have XP Pro, one with XP Media Center Edition. I only updated two of them to the version 2.03 - one running XP Pro, the other the XP Media Center Edition. Both of them responded the same way to attempts to remove cookies when running CCleaner - all remained - in both PC's. This morning I came to the Piriform help site to see what I might be doing wrong, and saw where several people had reverted to the 2.01 version to fix their problems. I still had version 2.01.507, delted 2.03 and reinstalled 2.01.507 - success!! Cookie deletion worked as before.

I hope to know when a fixed upgrade is available, meantime, will stay with 2.01.507. If there is anything I can do to help further, please let me know. Thanks for a great system tool. Up until now, it has been one of the best available and still is the best. Everyone has an occasional bug from time to time.

Tom - Jupiter, Florida

I am new to this forum, joined mostly to add anything that might help with the bug in ver. 2.03.

Through ver. 2.01507, everything was running well, cookie deletion (using both Forefox and IE) worked very well. Have used CCleaner for about two years now and up to Version 2.01.507, no problems. I did upgrade a few days ago to ver. 2.03 and ever since then, the cookies would not delete. I understand the cookies to be deleted need to be in the left box, those moved to the right will be kept.

I am running three pc's, two have XP Pro, one with XP Media Center Edition. I only updated two of them to the version 2.03 - one running XP Pro, the other the XP Media Center Edition. Both of them responded the same way to attempts to remove cookies when running CCleaner - all remained - in both PC's. This morning I came to the Piriform help site to see what I might be doing wrong, and saw where several people had reverted to the 2.01 version to fix their problems. I still had version 2.01.507, delted 2.03 and reinstalled 2.01.507 - success!! Cookie deletion worked as before.

I hope to know when a fixed upgrade is available, meantime, will stay with 2.01.507. If there is anything I can do to help further, please let me know. Thanks for a great system tool. Up until now, it has been one of the best available and still is the best. Everyone has an occasional bug from time to time.

Tom - Jupiter, Florida

:rolleyes: Welcome Tom, we are waiting for a correction WITH A NEW RELEASE from Piriform ASAP (we hope)... Version 2.01 is correct, problems begin with 2.02 and 2.03 If you have friends with the same problem ask them to post on the Piriform forum, the more the merrier... You can send a mail with the Spec, browser and all informations from the pc's involved :

to info2@CCleaner.com, they work for us. B) (CCleaner lower-case letter)

Thanks everyone for your help!

We have managed to reproduce the bug and a fix is schedule for next release!

PS: If you are interested, the problem is related to extended characters in usernames and failure of the Unicode version of Microsoft's APIs: FindFirstUrlCacheEntry and DeleteUrlCacheEntry.

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.p...fe8d7aeac9078c3