Firefox - something is never Cleaned?

SiberLynx

Hi Guys,

I found that wit ATF-cleaner I can always clean more (much more) leftovers after FireFox sessions

than with CCleaner (latest release 2.03.532)

I did noticed that in earlier releases too but cannot provide "a history". (sorry :( )

Probably it is not needed.

I put the image below. ATF and CCleaner side by side.

2000242496640608924_th.jpg

Clleaner was ran earlier and you can see the result of rechecking by <Analyze> - "zero to be removed"

The message box from ATF indicates Foxe's leftovers cleaned immediately after CCleaner

It shows that there still was some stuff to remove.

Sure I tested that "Saved Form Information" (unchecked on submitted image) doesn't make any difference if checked "On"

Thanks in advance for information

My regards

4,096.000 bytes = 4KB. That sounds like one single file. Does that ATF cleaner provide information on what exactly it cleaned?
Hi pwillener,

Thanks for replying.

Yeah! it may sound funny :) I mean my "concern"... but the point is if something is not cleaned ... it could be more.

Unfortunately ATF does not provide the info (at least openly) you asked about.. That is not good.

If I find the place to look and investigate I will come back to report.

You are right it is better to know more specifics... (probably somebody has answer for that ATF additional bytes? KB? MB? :rolleyes: )

Thanks again

Cheers

I don't know that specific cleaner, but I find it strange that they number bytes with 3 decimal places! Maybe just to make it look bigger?

pwillener,

:lol: That was a good one!

It is just the a common format/ precision they used... Would be too much for counting money though.

Because if you have (3 decimals) - say, 135 cents left in a pocket - it's a lot! More then $1, you know. :rolleyes:

ATF actually is a good "safe cleaner" which does not touch Registry. It is one of the things often recommended and widely used by

authorized "Virus-Malware Removers" helpers before running some Special Tools, analyzing reports, etc. of infected computers

Cheers