A decent PageFile article

JAGO

• Moderators

Without even reading the whole article the most important thing I noticed was First and most important - Add more RAM, it doesn't get much simpler than that for a "performance boost."

I've tried most of the Virtual Memory tricks 'n' tips over the years, including programs that claim to "make the system run better" and now don't even bother with them anymore since most of what I've ran into is just snake oil cures.

First and most important - Add more RAM

I've tried most of the Virtual Memory tricks 'n' tips over the years

True.

Same here and i ended up to disable it completely. I got 1536Mb of RAM. I haven't noticed any problems with that.

Basicly disabling pagefile should gain performance, since Windows doesn't have to read and write to hard disk all the time. (I got that info from quite reliable source). But disable pagefile only in case that you got plenty of RAM (1Gig or more).

True.

Same here and i ended up to disable it completely. I got 1536Mb of RAM. I haven't noticed any problems with that.

Basicly disabling pagefile should gain performance, since Windows doesn't have to read and write to hard disk all the time. (I got that info from quite reliable source). But disable pagefile only in case that you got plenty of RAM (1Gig or more).

I have 2GB of RAM. Is there really any performance increase or advantage to disabling PageFile (virtual memory)?

Is there really any performance increase or advantage to disabling PageFile (virtual memory)?

I don't think that much, if any. I don't think using a pagefile gives any extra boost either, if you got plenty of ram.

You could disable it for testing and see how the things go.

Pagefile can also be consired as a some kind of security threat, as it stores much information. Although you by pass that, if you set pagefile to be cleared at Windows shutdown. Anyhow, that can slow down the shutdown process quite a lot.